#164204  by MikeMcA
 Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:33 am
Waldo thank you for the photos and especially the close up of the pedals with the settings indicated. I'm bemused to see that my OD-2 settings were nothing like Jerry's - not even in the ballpark.

I adjusted my OD-1 and OD-2 to match those settings and compared the sounds with the '93 show clips you posted and I'm damned if the sounds don't appear to be reversed. The OD-2 as pictured is significantly gainier and toppier than the OD-1.

I can't explain it and I don't know what's going on. Maybe he swapped the roles of the pedals at some point but didn't swap their positions in the rack? Maybe I'm completely out to lunch.

I would be most grateful to anyone who has actually run this pedal pair if you could kindly chime in with your personal experiences.
 #164215  by waldo041
 Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:35 pm
MikeMcA wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:33 am
Waldo thank you for the photos and especially the close up of the pedals with the settings indicated. I'm bemused to see that my OD-2 settings were nothing like Jerry's - not even in the ballpark.

I adjusted my OD-1 and OD-2 to match those settings and compared the sounds with the '93 show clips you posted and I'm damned if the sounds don't appear to be reversed. The OD-2 as pictured is significantly gainier and toppier than the OD-1.

I can't explain it and I don't know what's going on. Maybe he swapped the roles of the pedals at some point but didn't swap their positions in the rack? Maybe I'm completely out to lunch.

I would be most grateful to anyone who has actually run this pedal pair if you could kindly chime in with your personal experiences.
That sounds about right to me. The OD-1 is the "bees in a box" distortion, that is what the OD-1 does. The OD-2 is the edgier, sustainy overdrive. Before the OD-2 he was using a Boss HM-2 and before that was the Series 1000 and before that it was the Boss DS-1. That said., I do have photo evidence(somewhere) of him also using the Script Distortion+ in the OD position (1st shelf) in the early eighties before the series 2000, but he also did not have one on the bottom shelf where it usually would be in the "Distortion" position.

#164340  by waldo041
 Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:22 pm
This is the only shot i have seen where the Script Distortion+ is in his "Overdrive" position on the top shelf before the Mutron's, with only the Phase and Delay on the bottom shelf, possibly a wah before the phase. This is somewhere between the Boss DS-1 and the Series 2000 Distortion+ periods Overdrive periods.