#163375  by 8-6-71 for me
 Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:26 pm
waldo041 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:59 am
mgbills wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:18 pm
I think it would be interesting to test a Twin with the known Zener mod only.

My Twin was modded beyond just that phase, but that was a known change relevant to the time.

If memory serves...
look into that zener mod

~waldo
Zener mod-- Can you give me more details? Also, the splitter box would probably have to be a custom job, yeah? I can't find a splitter like what you are describing. Thanks.
 #163376  by waldo041
 Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:01 pm
8-6-71 for me wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:08 pm
Your reply was to direct me back to a guy who you are currently flaming on a thread that you started. So your best answer is to tell me to ask a guy you are trying to expose as a liar? Real helpful.

I guess if the question doesn't pertain to the minutiae of the irreducible complexity of Jerry's 80's rig, you have nothing to offer... except sarcasm.
nothing more to offer here but sarcasm brother! That said, the information you seek is right below your nose! You are extremely hot! Google search? do we not have a search function here at rukind?

Is that enough sarcasm for you!

Alembicization has just begun!

~waldo
MattMan liked this
 #163377  by 8-6-71 for me
 Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:00 pm
waldo041 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:01 pm
8-6-71 for me wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:08 pm
Your reply was to direct me back to a guy who you are currently flaming on a thread that you started. So your best answer is to tell me to ask a guy you are trying to expose as a liar? Real helpful.

I guess if the question doesn't pertain to the minutiae of the irreducible complexity of Jerry's 80's rig, you have nothing to offer... except sarcasm.
nothing more to offer here but sarcasm brother! That said, the information you seek is right below your nose! You are extremely hot! Google search? do we not have a search function here at rukind?

Is that enough sarcasm for you!

Alembicization has just begun!

~waldo
I just want to get a question answered about Jerry's tone so that I can go back to making transcriptions. I don't live here; just passing through... If your still hung up on whether or not Tom Lieber peeled a decal off a headstock in 1973, let me save you the trouble. I used the search function and here is what I found-

"Thomas Lieber may have your answers."
 #163433  by waldo041
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:38 pm
8-6-71 for me wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:59 am
Guys,

Listen to the Bertha solo (or Mr. Charlie, etc.) and can anyone tell me how Jerry is getting that sweet drive tone from his Twin?

https://archive.org/details/gd1971-08-0 ... eok.flac16

What I already know-

'59 tv yellow LP double cutaway w P-90s
1968 Fender Twin silver/blackface circuit
JBL D-120F speakers
Bass at 0, Treble at 10, Middle to taste
Volume at 7

Much obliged to anyone who can help me solve the mystery.
8-6-71 for me wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:05 am
Thank you to all.

The solution was a Pigtonix Fat Drive in 18v mode. I also used the brown box with a 4% voltage reduction.

Getting that sweet, summer 71 tube overdrive with volume at 2
And that would have most certainly, could have been a possibility, highly unlikely but plausible that Thomas Lieber might, could, would have gave you that "solution" if you had just asked!

~waldo
8-6-71 for me liked this