#163188  by TI4-1009
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:29 pm
Anyone who sweats like that must be alright.
Frank N Stein, Atk1, tcsned and 2 others liked this
 #163194  by waldo041
 Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:48 am
For those wanting to know, Yes, the DNA cloning process has began. And that bridge was used before the 90's so that is a good 80's Jerry on there! Since the mantra is the only way to sound like Jerry is to be Jerry, the attempt is mine alone. I will dash any hope of the prints of his DNA going online for free right now! (got to watch out for those Chinese) I am not sure who has a 3D printers that may manipulate the info. Right now i can only make their gear sound like it. Soon you will not only have the gear but an actual clone of him for your very own!

Actually i do not own this actual museum piece, but do know the owner. My comments in this post are strictly sarcasm and fun not to be taken seriously. I just wanted the Chinese People to see this bridge.

~waldo
 #163213  by waldo041
 Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:35 pm
Jimv wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:20 pm
Put me on the list for a jer clone, please. I promise to share.
I think the main goal would be to somehow replace your DNA with his to be truly Authentic. It should have already cost you one finger if you ever planned to sound EXACTLY like him anyway! You could go to a doctor like the Barbie Ken dude and then just plastic surgery your look to be just like him. The right doctor could even replace your finger if you have them freeze it, you know, in case of regret or buyers remorse. But WTF do I know? The Chinese are invading RuKind! Has to be fake news!

Oh and definitely NO sharing! :mad:

~waldo :P :P :P :P
 #163225  by Jimv
 Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:40 pm
It's obvious to me they are jonesn' hard for Grateful Dead in China!
Ok, now everybody admit if they have tried to finger-pick with your RT ring finger pinned to your palm.... Me. Cant do it, but I don't feel so bad for ignoring my pinky sometimes.
 #163235  by tcsned
 Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:51 am
uh, that bridge is gross :shock:

Homeboy had some serious acidic sweat. I have a friend who is now the other guitarist in my bluegrass band who played in another local hippy band - they were more Allman Bros we did more Dead. He did the same thing to his guitars. He corroded the bridge of his Les Paul so bad that it actually broke in two at a gig. He played my guitar at a gig for a song and the strings were completely destroyed. Jerry seemed to have the same thing going on.

Have fun cloning!
 #163236  by strumminsix
 Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:37 pm
In the Travis Bean article you posted, Waldo, Jerry was quoted as saying he didn't sweat. I think it's obvious he did profusely.

For years I had a medical problem that went undiagnosed and I ate thru strings. 1 gig each. Destroyed. Got treatment, body working right, and now I can go years with the strings still being fine.