#161143  by TeeJay

The DC 400 was the premium neck through offering with more features standard (top,inlays, headstock overlay, ect) but at a higher starting price. The DC 127, 135, 145, 200 had different standard features, but numerous custom options were available on any model. I have a DC127 the base model neck through. Its really well made at a reasonable price. Several guys are using the carvins fully jerry modded. I only added a Wald preamp and OBEL to mine. If I put dimarzios in it I think it would be better. The stock single coils are kind of meh.
 #161299  by skajellafetty

I have an Kiesel Aries 6 ("Jearies") with DiMarzio's in it (SD1 bridge, SD2 neck & a Scott Walker split'n'rewound SD2 into sc for middle), otherwise it's stock. It's a Walnut body & Black Limba top, maple neck & royal ebony board.

I use a Helix with SMS (JG version) in the loop for optimal placement in chain... sort of a 4 cable method... & I feed a H&K cf200 ss rack amp -> Weber ceramic Cali & it's pretty dang close... or well close enough for Madison Square Bedroom, which is the only venue I play :D

I also have a Carvin SH65 (HH) with Graphtec MIDI & ceramic DiMarzio Eric Johnson HB's. Those pu don't nail JG tone but are very nice still.

Pic below of Aries is day I got it with stock pu but SH65 has the EJ set...

ImageIMG_0202 by Skajellafetty's Toys, on Flickr
 #161306  by Blacklodgebob

the keisel looks awesome - i tried to get into ordering one but the new owners were kinda strict with me when I wanted to get into customizing something. Totally want to come back around for a strat sometime.
 #161307  by skajellafetty

Blacklodgebob wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:07 am the keisel looks awesome - i tried to get into ordering one but the new owners were kinda strict with me when I wanted to get into customizing something. Totally want to come back around for a strat sometime.
They are still same company / owners, just changed name back to Kiesel family name after decades of being Carvin due to legal issues their grandfather had with some distribution contract hiccup. Kiesel is now 100% split from the audio portion (family drama) & only do guitars.

They will do lots of custom non-returnable cosmetic stuff ("option 50" they call it) but they won't do in depth stuff like a OBEL or boost. They do allow you to send them pickups to install & strings you want it set up for though. Great bang for the buck guitar considering customization options (esp fb radius choice, & stainless frets for $40 ea) but I'd never pay more than around $1200-$1300 for one.