#160990  by Mithrandir

Anyone have definitive info regarding wolf's degree of hollowness and its weight?

Smith
Last edited by Mithrandir on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #160993  by tcsned

It is my understanding that the wings were partially hollow. I could be wrong. I have a Scarlet Fire Wolf and I think I remember Leo saying that. Don't take my word for it but I am remembering something like that. FYI - my Wolf is nothing like an ES-335 :)
 #160994  by Jon S.

As we just discussed, my SFW is around 9 lbs. - totally hollow and light it ain't! Sure sounds great, though :D
 #160996  by TI4-1009

Tom Lieber wasn't around for the Wolf build, but he did work for Irwin when the Tiger body was being laid up. Here's a re-creation of what it looks like inside (at least in terms of "wing hollowness"):

#160997  by ac4468

I have always assumed that Wolf is solid whereas Tiger is chambered. None of the descriptions of the guitar by Irwin mention any chambers. Since there is no known weight of Wolf, all you can do is compare all the replicas. To further complicate things, 2 identical guitars of identical wood species can have 2 different weights. I have compared the weight of my Wolf to that of several others that we've all seen on this site and while they are all almost identical and size scale and construction they vary in weight from the high 8lb range to as much as 10lbs +. I always understood the body to be 1.75" thick and mine weighs in at 10lbs 2.5oz without the battery. Since purpleheart is very heavy, the thinner the middle section the lighter the guitar.
 #160998  by TI4-1009

The detailed description of Wolf on Waldo's site (including measurements and photos) says hollow wings:

http://www.wald-electronics.com/wolf.html