#158590  by hippieguy1954
 Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:20 am
Read the the new pages of that gear page thread I posted above about the jumper.
 #158592  by TRG
 Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:26 am
hippieguy1954 wrote:Read the the new pages of that gear page thread I posted above about the jumper.
Thanks and yes, that was the first place I went and I saw that one poster did actually change that with positive results. I just was curious if anyone on this forum had tried that and was interested in their findings. I'm going to try it at some point this weekend and when I do I will share my results.
 #158593  by hippieguy1954
 Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:34 am
TRG wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:Read the the new pages of that gear page thread I posted above about the jumper.
Thanks and yes, that was the first place I went and I saw that one poster did actually change that with positive results. I just was curious if anyone on this forum had tried that and was interested in their findings. I'm going to try it at some point this weekend and when I do I will share my results.
Cool, I'm also gonna try it when I get some time.
 #164546  by Jblue76
 Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:57 pm
Anyone get a volume drop when you move the jumper to the two pins on the right? I just tried moving it now and even with the level on the pedal maxed my volume dropped way below my clean signal. The tone itself sounded nice but the volume issue makes it unusable. Any ideas why this might be happening or how I can fix it?
Thanks!
 #164551  by Jblue76
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:25 am
I had the pedal set at unity gain so I could click the effect on and off and maintain an equal volume. That was with the jumper in stock pisition, pins 1&2 on the left side. Once I moved the jumper to pins 3&4 I couldn’t hear the signal anymore. I cranked the level, still too quiet. I turned up the amp and it sounded nice, but as soon as I disengaged the effect my volume playing clean was way too loud (obviously). What else can I tell you?
 #164552  by Jblue76
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:27 am
I also have the gain knob at zero. I’m finding if I turn it up at all the effect is triggered way too easily. Don’t know if this is related or not to the issue with the jumper. I usually leave the pedal alone once I’ve got it dialed in, and I can’t remember how the gain knob behavesd previously. I think I had it set a little higher than zero though. This micro tron is from the first run of micro trons.
 #164554  by Jblue76
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:09 pm
No but my guitar does have a preamp (1976 Music Man Stingray I) and there is a clean boost first in the chain. Since the pedal first came out I’ve had it dialed in with guitar volume all the way up (sometimes I back it off a little for effect), and the boost is always on. Always worked perfectly with the jumper in the original position. I don’t understand why the signal became so weak when all I did was carefully move the jumper. I always had the gain on the pedal set low, but it was never turned all the way down to zero. Could something spontaneously just break in the circuit??
 #164555  by yodasfro
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:48 pm
Mine certainly works better when hooked up to the effects loop on my boostron with the blaster on. I just wish the blaster had a footswitch instead of the compressor.
 #164556  by waldo041
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:01 pm
Jblue76 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:09 pm
No but my guitar does have a preamp (1976 Music Man Stingray I) and there is a clean boost first in the chain. Since the pedal first came out I’ve had it dialed in with guitar volume all the way up (sometimes I back it off a little for effect), and the boost is always on. Always worked perfectly with the jumper in the original position. I don’t understand why the signal became so weak when all I did was carefully move the jumper. I always had the gain on the pedal set low, but it was never turned all the way down to zero. Could something spontaneously just break in the circuit??
Does it work correctly when you put the jumper back?

~waldo
 #164557  by Jblue76
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:16 pm
Yes, the only weird thing is that I now have the gain all the way down and while I always kept it set low, I pretty sure I didn’t have it right down at zero.