#157708  by Capt Rosebuddy

I find myself in Cleveland Ohio for work and my hotel overlooks the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I thought, Perfect! I'll go see Rosebud on Garcia's birthday! I sweated my way down to the lakefront, black t shirt clad, walked in to the lobby of the RRHOF, went down the escalator, looked around... and NO ROSEBUD!!!

I asked someone who worked there and got a mix of John Candy's Vacation "Sorry folks Wallyworld is closed..." line mixed with some corporate speak about no longer being able to honor the contract and keep the guitar where it could be viewed for free, which frankly sounded like they couldn't trust themselves to not start charging people to see it.

Without reverting to bummed out hippy speak, I'll just say that this is a real bummer. Having it in writing that Rosebud had to be kept on display where the public could see it for free was a refreshingly generous gesture in this money grubbing world. jerrygarcia.com lists the RRHOF as the current location of the instrument, so it must be a relatively recent development, it seems like that website is well maintained and up to date. Oh well, maybe next time. I just thought I'd save some other poor sap the trip.
 #157712  by ccw3432

Were his other guitars on display? Last time I went (about a year ago) all of his guitars were in storage during a remodel. I had been to the HoF before and my last trip was specifically to see Garcia's guitars. There display was still promoted on their website...no mention of being closed for construction. They informed me there were lots of other cool guitars I could look at. We need a GD Museum!
 #157720  by shadowboxer

Strange, I wouldn't think they'd be rotating that guitar with other exhibits. Could it be loaned out to someone ?
 #157761  by ccw3432

Shit! When is the last time Rosebud has been out of the cage?
 #157765  by pablomago

Rosebud, Tiger, Wolf and two Travis Bean TB-500's were at Red Rocks last night for the 75th Birthday Bash. Wolf got a lot of playing time. Kimock played one of the Beans. Sorry you didn't get to see Rosebud. It's not the RNRHOF's fault.