#157487  by ryan9699

Hey all,

I'm sure this question has been answered before... but, to keep it simple, I'm looking for the best amp to emulate Jerry's tone for a young player.
I've been having a tough time trying to find a Twin Reverb head and I'm looking for a good alternative.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ryan
 #157488  by jackevorkian

Does it need to be a head? If so, look at a Dual Showman Reverb. Or, maybe a Bandmaster Reverb...awesome amps with a little less wattage. I also really dig the old Mesa MKII Jerry tone.
 #157493  by HeadSpace

I haven't used one myself, but many folks are partial to the Fender Blues Jr. for an approximation of Jerry tone in a small-ish, not-too-costly package.
 #157494  by gratefulredhead

HeadSpace wrote:I haven't used one myself, but many folks are partial to the Fender Blues Jr. for an approximation of Jerry tone in a small-ish, not-too-costly package.
+1. I had a Tweed Blues jr before I got my Twin. It was a amp good for the job. I miss it's size sometimes.
 #157507  by ac4468

Ryan,

I know we talked about a 2x12 cab but if you want an affordable combo I have a Blues Jr III Tweed I could sell you. For less than an empty cab you'd have a great starter tube amp that won't break the bank.