#156250  by GeneralGoldilocks

Don't mean to butt in hear off topic, but this is absolutely fascinating for you guitar guru's, especially interesting for steel players. I don't know if Jerry and Ry ever crossed paths, but they are kindred spirits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD580_MFSAU
 #156257  by CosmicJones11

Ry had a curiously similar rig around the late 80s/90s. He had a Supro (one of the bigger ones) or Gibson (GA-20 maybe) amp with a preamp tap that went to a HiWatt power amp and some JBLs (definitely a 2x12, often with a 1x15 d130). Pedals, guitars, musical adventures were of course different philosophies, but Ry is a folk musician, and I always think of Jerry as one too. I think it wouldve been awesome and perfect if JGB had covered "Little Sister" or "The Very Thing That Makes Her Rich (Makes Me Poor)". I've never heard of any collaboration or conversation between the two, I think they would have been kindred spirits. I have heard comments from Ry though that he was never too interested in the psychadelic scene, and I think is a pretty straight laced old folkie.
 #156275  by Bigfoot Co.

Ry opened for the dead at Laguna seca in 1987.

Jim keltner was drumming for him, so ry and Jerry at a minimum shared a drummer!
 #156663  by pablomago

Uh, pardon my ignorance, but when did Keltner play for Jerry? Are you confusing him with Ron Tutt?
 #156668  by Bigfoot Co.

Keltner and Jerry are credited on the Rowan brothers debut album. I guess it's a stretch to say they shared a drummer since keltner was never in a band w Jerry.

In kind of a reverse scenario, David Kemper and Ry are credited on A Peter Case album from 1989.

Looks like ry and Ron tutt played in Possum. I'm gonna check that out today. Thanks for the direction!