#151898  by playingdead

Thought this might be kind of fun for some of you Jerry guys who aren't out there gigging.

This is my band doing a 13-minute Playing in the Band recently ...

Gets a little wandery and unfocused in the jam but what the hell.

And here is a link to a multitrack of the song, without the lead guitar. Take that jam anywhere you want. Crank it up and see how your guitar rig sits in the mix. Annoy your significant others and neighbors.

https://soundcloud.com/vicderobertis/pi ... ar/s-QvccZ

Have fun!
Last edited by playingdead on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #151899  by James-T

Totally generous gesture. Thanks Vik!

Not easy to find decent backing tracks.

Peace and love.

It's the only way.
 #151902  by Searing75

Very nice! And thanks for the audio jam with. I really liked the tone you are getting now out of just the floor unit! Neato burrito for sure.
 #151904  by Staemius

Thx Vic - great video and playing! It 's a challenging song - takes a good playing band to space out and pull that reprise together well.
 #151919  by hieronymous7

Any chance of a version without the bass? 8) Just kidding - though that would be cool - who recorded it? I'm impressed that it's multitrack so that you could take the guitar out. :hail:
 #151920  by tatittle

I was diggin the bass player for sure...Im guessin your a bass player hence the request :)
 #151980  by hieronymous7

tatittle wrote:I was diggin the bass player for sure...Im guessin your a bass player hence the request :)
Exactly 8)

I also thought it was a really cool idea to offer the track like that - I love playing along with music, usually just turn the bass down on the source but then you lose the kick too...
 #151981  by lunasparks

Fun stuff! Any chance you would enable downloading of the track? Could be cool to hear how our rigs sound in the mix...for those with enough motivation to record some clips (not making any promises, myself!)
 #151983  by lunasparks

playingdead wrote:Thanks folks ... sorry, didn't realize it could not be downloaded, think you can do it now.
Perfect! I've got it now. This may motivate me to post some rig clips. One of the reasons I haven't in a good long while is that I got a new computer and I've never taken the time to get all of my gear working correctly with it; had some early problems and just gave up. Maybe I'll be newly motived?!