#163854  by milobender
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:28 am
I ended up replacing my original power supply. If I remember right, mine was noisy no matter what too, and the new supply helped. I think I may just make my own power supply some time and just get rid of the whole thing. I haven't used it in a couple of years "o) I've been using the Quilter all the time.
 #163860  by waldo041
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Stock 12/73 - 1Y888

been kicked around for years on ebay and michigan for at least the last 8 years but has now found its forever home!

I said i was not gonna play it until i recapped it but I had to hear and feel that original 74 Mc2300 sound for myself! Oh Yeah! that is where it is at!!!

~waldo
TeeJay, milobender, frankenstein260 and 1 others liked this
 #163861  by mgbills
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 pm
I purposely cut some of the more "interpretive" areas of my music space out of the rack photos. Thanks to Mr. Wald it seems that action was overkill. It is also a relief that other folks tear all their crap apart occasionally to reimagine the possibilities.

I am on the long hunt for the big Mc2300. It is a stalk, really. Maybe even a sniper mission. Slow. Methodical. Much reconnaissance, to be sure. One day it will arrive. And like Gene Wilder (Young Frankenstein) I will scream emphatically "IT ARRIVED!"

Why? Because I fully embrace my personal eccentricities. Know thy self! And when I tip over, and my wife dumps my stinky remains in the Baja Sur desert...the only marker will be My F'n McIntosh Mc2300! We shall spend our earthy eternity in transcendental decay. Glorious.......glorious. :peas:

Unless my wife doesn't want that...in which case I will be forced by circumstance to honor her wishes.
tntawney liked this
 #163862  by mgbills
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:50 pm
Mike...that is glorious!

And it does make me question what is actually in that road case in the back left.
 #163863  by waldo041
 Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:16 pm
mgbills wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 pm
Unless my wife doesn't want that...in which case I will be forced by circumstance to honor her wishes.
lmao!

~waldo
 #163938  by waldo041
 Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:42 am

Nothing like an Mc2300! Loudness is a nonsense issue that is fully controllable but the power is very noticeable. The Sentry Removal helped in the bass side of things, slightly, as suspected from past research.

I do apologize to those who cannot or those who refuse to wheel one around, know that mine will probably never leave the house, i have an Mc2100 for that duty now, but i fully understand. This could actually be used as a boat anchor or concrete shoes if needed! It is heavy and big as hell, but in my world absolutely necessary! I now know why he had Big Steve lug it around to everyone of his performance where he wanted it! He could have just used both twins and power tubes and been fine, but he did not. It is a top shelf amp no doubt, the phenom of it is real. That said, this is only my opinion. I have found the promised land and i am happier than a pig in shit! Every Maestro will play through this rig.

Merry Christmas to you all, and to any customers that have their preamp/amps here know they are all going to be returning home soon!

Merry Christmas to you all!
~waldo
Last edited by waldo041 on Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milobender, Gr8fulCadi, TeeJay and 7 others liked this
 #163942  by kadidog
 Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:57 am
Late to this thread. Nice posts. Here are my two rigs. Depending on the room size and the availability of my son for loading. "A" Rig is bigger rooms obviously. Both sound great.
ssmug liked this
 #163950  by tntawney
 Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:05 pm
kadidog wrote:
Late to this thread. Nice posts. Here are my two rigs. Depending on the room size and the availability of my son for loading. "A" Rig is bigger rooms obviously. Both sound great.
Two nice DGN guitars. I have a Kalos also and love it. Dan is now installing his new Jerry inspired Tru-JG humbucker in the center position. Who built your amps?
 #163953  by kadidog
 Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am
tntawney wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:05 pm
kadidog wrote:
Two nice DGN guitars. I have a Kalos also and love it. Dan is now installing his new Jerry inspired Tru-JG humbucker in the center position. Who built your amps?
All the electronics, amps, pickups, wiring done by Jason Ferguson. He's amazing. Both preamps are his design (64 twin blackface with his mods on channel 2 and 75 Mesa Mark I on Channel 1 with two dedicated tone paths but a shared power section. The Wolf was the original DGN Serial number 001 that we did in 2014-2015, and the "Owl" is a Kalos, original Dan design. Dan has been amazing with me. We originally set out to do a new body style, more strat or PRS like then Wolf and I wanted a solid body original guitar. After initial design, Dan shifted it using same look to the Kalos production as he had come up with that production design. Built a bunch of the mostly hollow body ones with Mihali from Twiddle. We finished Owl very soon thereafter. With Jason we have fooled around with various pickups to get the guitar / pickup match just perfect. Every guitar is different and it took a while. Replaced all the Super II's on owl as they just didn't pair well. Put Super Distortions in the bridge, HS2 in the neck. It absolutely opened this guitar up immediately. We added the variable blaster control as well on this guitar. The Wolf has had various work done, pickups are Dual Sound's in bridge and middle and an SDS I in the neck pickup. Sounds incredible. I'm contemplating a new build in 2019. Just thinking about some basic concepts. Should be fun....TBC
 #164122  by Blacklodgebob
 Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:49 pm
the PH TT dont sound much like a k120 at all - cant blame TT though, as none of the materials are similar from magnet to cone material etc. Great sounding speakers though. Much better with smaller amps 20-50w imo and in pairs or more. You can get pretty far with one k120 if you have the balls to push it. Otherwise yeah, going with a smaller amp / speaker is a good idea. JBLs plus big iron is loud.