#159323  by MattMan
 Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:45 pm
gratefulredhead wrote:Thanks Matt! One of these days we need to get out bands together. We're not opposed to traveling.
Great idea! For sure. Let's coordinate early next year and try and set up some late spring early summer shows in the Midwest. I've got some clubs in mind in Columbus, Cincinnati, we can make our West towards you perhaps. Talk to you on email after Nye. Cheers. MM
 #159330  by RLW
 Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:13 am
MattMan wrote:
gratefulredhead wrote:Thanks Matt! One of these days we need to get out bands together. We're not opposed to traveling.
Great idea! For sure. Let's coordinate early next year and try and set up some late spring early summer shows in the Midwest. I've got some clubs in mind in Columbus, Cincinnati, we can make our West towards you perhaps. Talk to you on email after Nye. Cheers. MM

Why ... don't you cats travel to England ... lol ... in the entire country there is ONE Grateful Dead tribute band and whilst they are as lovely as lovely can be, wouldn't it be nice to have a few more moving around the country ... My only major miss of living in the UK and not the Midwest ... no jam bands here. Folk is huge, especially in the countryside, Devon, etc - in my little adopted village in Devon ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drewsteignton ) Mumford & Sons are seen about from time to time in the pub having a pint ... but in general, no jam bands. I would love to set up a festival for jam bands, or add a jam band day to Chagstock ( http://www.chagstock.info ) So I'm sort of joking, sort of not :)
 #159331  by RLW
 Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:24 am
gratefulredhead wrote:Here's a clip of Winterland playing as a quartet with a guest keyboardist in Rochester MN. I'm using my Alligator Wolf LTD into a modified twin head into a mosvalve amp thru a 76 Mutron. I love the tone of this guitar. I'm too loud but at least you can hear the tone!
https://youtu.be/eJ8BptmbQNU

Out of curiosity - Dennis Daddy-O McMurrin still pay around IC? I went to U of I back a million years ago. My base in the US is Keokuk, IA ... yeah, London, England and Keokuk are nearly sister cities. I usually come back a couple of times a year to visit family. Hopefully next time I'm around I can catch a gig. Planning to come back early April I believe.
 #159346  by gratefulredhead
 Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:26 pm
Why ... don't you cats travel to England ... lol ... in the entire country there is ONE Grateful Dead tribute band and whilst they are as lovely as lovely can be, wouldn't it be nice to have a few more moving around the country ... My only major miss of living in the UK and not the Midwest ... no jam bands here. Folk is huge, especially in the countryside, Devon, etc - in my little adopted village in Devon ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drewsteignton ) Mumford & Sons are seen about from time to time in the pub having a pint ... but in general, no jam bands. I would love to set up a festival for jam bands, or add a jam band day to Chagstock ( http://www.chagstock.info ) So I'm sort of joking, sort of not :)[/quote]

Hey honestly, if it could be worked out, we'd absolutely be open to it. Everyone in the band is a full time musician. We are starting to plan tours outside of the Midwest. Playing England would be a thrill!
 #159374  by GeneralGoldilocks
 Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:24 pm
Hey all, I've been working on a new build over the past year. I saw Troy Post was making some bolt ons, so I had him make me a strat style wolfesque body that I bolted onto my favorite warmoth neck. It is awesome, and I love it. Maple top, Magonany back. I then tried to do the electronics myself. It was halfway successful. I ran into some trouble with my crappy wiring job and so I had Brian (milobender) at IO Custom Guitars redo the electronics, I just got it back, and wow, it is killer. He installed an OBEL and redid the whole ciricuit, so now it has a standard Jerry type setup with an active circuit bypass (500K push pull pot on the second tone knob turns off the circuit if your battery goes dead in a pinch) and an OBEL in/out switch. It has a Wald TCP 1 buffer and D Allen Voodoo 69's. He fixed a slightly misaligned bridge ( I chose a Schaller Top Loader Roller Bridge to keep it simple and keep the strings smooth with all the right angles. This video was shot before Brian fixed it last summer when it was super hot out and all my effects were sounding quite weird, plus we were playing with a generator for power. But it is the guitar before Brian redid all the electronics. I will try to get some sound clips post electronics job, it is a similar circuit, but slightly different. Just wanted to publicly thank Brian and Troy for that matter, for getting an awesome guitar built for about the price of lots of new fancy strats out there. Personally, I think this guitar is awesome and people like Troy and Brian make it possible for normal folks to own awesome custom one of a kind guitars that sound amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCzjfSmZhfU
Last edited by GeneralGoldilocks on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #159473  by one eyed jack
 Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:26 pm
My band Bigfoot County out of central Virginia. We played the historic Jefferson theater in Charlottesville va, the night before
Before thanksgiving. We’ve played this gig the last 3 years and billed it as “Thankful Dead”. It’s alwtas a blast and this year we got some good footage. Let me know what you think!

#159547  by tcsned
 Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:23 pm
Nice stuff One Eyed Jack! We definitely need to get together and play sometime soon. You were asking me about the Solar Flare recently, I just posted this on the Solar Flare thread but it seems to fit here too. I have finally found a true distortion pedal that I can use on stage. It's really a great toy!

Here's a short clip from our show last night where I'm using the Solar Flare. My signal chain was IO modded cocobolo Tele (OBEL)-->Solar Flare-->T-Rex Replica-->SMS CTP-->Mac2100-->Beyma Liberty speaker.
 #159549  by tcsned
 Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:02 pm
milobender wrote:Nice Tom! Now I want one... "o) :smile: :smile: :smile:
Brad is an insidious bastard! He makes such awesome stuff one isn’t really enough. I often find myself wishing I had 2 Earth Dives because it would be cool to have one set really low drive and one to set higher. The Solar Flare is the same deal :evil:
 #159552  by Jedstein
 Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:02 pm
tcsned wrote:
milobender wrote:Nice Tom! Now I want one... "o) :smile: :smile: :smile:
Brad is an insidious bastard! He makes such awesome stuff one isn’t really enough. I often find myself wishing I had 2 Earth Dives because it would be cool to have one set really low drive and one to set higher. The Solar Flare is the same deal :evil:
Sounds killer! I also love my solar flare AND my earth drive, and am totally pondering getting another . . . Just can’t figure out which one to double up on. Both pedals sound great at low and high gain levels. Around where did you have the solar flare set in that clip?