#174409  by franklins_timmy

Cumtax wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:54 am
franklins_timmy wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:39 pm Thanks for the input everybody. That is why I have been on the fence about the Micro-Tron, the issues people have had here and over at The Gear Page. Plus have read about some customer service problems. They both look kind of cheap to me. Was interested in the Mini Mu because in their email they said it was more identical to the vintage Mu-Tron III.

I went with this, he builds good quality stuff. Haven't had it very long, but really like it so far.

https://reverb.com/item/56178480-handma ... mps-and-fx
So I was intrigued by the look of this pedal, it looked beautiful in some ways and realized that for the same price as the actual mutron it also had a SWEEP knob without the need to install cash-grab extra chips as DLCs. Well, I don't know what magic this guy did but this pedal is absolutely stunning. It's fat and thick, unlike microtron which was harsh and thin until the amp was pushed with level knob at 75%+.

This sounds like Jerry always sounded in my head. I'm flipping my Microtron IV. This ended my quest, thank you for reporting. Mr Doughtry was pleased to know he had a few minutes of stardom on the internet.

Right on! Glad someone here grabbed the last one & you dig it. I agree it sounds great & the way I hear it in my head too. Jason makes great stuff.
 #174410  by Cumtax

franklins_timmy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:41 pm
Cumtax wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:54 am
franklins_timmy wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:39 pm Thanks for the input everybody. That is why I have been on the fence about the Micro-Tron, the issues people have had here and over at The Gear Page. Plus have read about some customer service problems. They both look kind of cheap to me. Was interested in the Mini Mu because in their email they said it was more identical to the vintage Mu-Tron III.

I went with this, he builds good quality stuff. Haven't had it very long, but really like it so far.

https://reverb.com/item/56178480-handma ... mps-and-fx
So I was intrigued by the look of this pedal, it looked beautiful in some ways and realized that for the same price as the actual mutron it also had a SWEEP knob without the need to install cash-grab extra chips as DLCs. Well, I don't know what magic this guy did but this pedal is absolutely stunning. It's fat and thick, unlike microtron which was harsh and thin until the amp was pushed with level knob at 75%+.

This sounds like Jerry always sounded in my head. I'm flipping my Microtron IV. This ended my quest, thank you for reporting. Mr Doughtry was pleased to know he had a few minutes of stardom on the internet.

Right on! Glad someone here grabbed the last one & you dig it. I agree it sounds great & the way I hear it in my head too. Jason makes great stuff.
do you know why he's gonna stop doing them?
 #174413  by Darkstar860

I messaged him and he said he doesnt make these anymore... so im getting mixed signals here haha. Sucks i was interested in one.
 #174414  by franklins_timmy

Don't think there's mixed signals, I might not have been clear. When I asked him to build one for me he said he had parts to build two... the one for me & the one that was on Reverb that Cumtax grabbed. Those were the last two.
 #174415  by Darkstar860

Sorry i was scanning some of the posts on here and skipped that haha sorry. I did message him and in the future if he can get the parts, he will make more. I just got a message back. Be interesting to compare this with the Filters i have if i can get one. Thanks for the info, hopefully he can get the parts and make some more for us Dead fans ;-)

This is why i shouldnt read anything on my computer without my glasses on ! :-) lol
franklins_timmy liked this
 #174436  by lbpesq

Not sure what their price of "33,00" means. How much did that work out to in U.S. dollars?

Bill, tgi