#170208  by gdrfk1990

I'm using a Wampler Mini Faux Spring Reverb.. I was looking for something that would sound close to the spring reverb's in my fenders. It seems to do that well.
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #170299  by Jon S.

wpmartin1979 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:14 pm Review: FYD TRP > Lexicon MX300 > MosValve M962 > JBL K120 ...

[T]he Lexicon is to reverb what the FYD is to tone. It is the promised land, the real deal, the cats meow, the muthafunkin shiiiit!!
I must say, ever since you joined the forum you've been influencing me both to try new stuff and to re-explore my old gear.

Ever since this post, I'd been thinking, don't I already own a Lexicon reverb or am I just imagining (or wishing) it?

Yesterday, during my ongoing efforts putting together a new pedalboard of individual pedals (I've been relying on my Line 6 M13 exclusively for the past decade or so), I opened up another gear drawer and found deep in the back of it my old Guyatone MR-2 Micro Reverb.

This pedal is essentially a Lexicon under a Guyatone wrapper.* I'll save it for when I eventually cop myself a preamp in a pedal that needs an accompanying reverb pedal.

* "The long out-of-production Guyatone MR2 Micro Reverb pedal. The MR-2 was in production for a very short period of time and was shut down to legal complications from their use of the famous Lexicon reverb chip/algorithms -- which make this pedal sound insanely lush and natural." http://effectsfreak.com/effect/guyatone ... packaging/

#170303  by wpmartin1979

Jon S. wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:55 am
wpmartin1979 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:14 pm Review: FYD TRP > Lexicon MX300 > MosValve M962 > JBL K120 ...

[T]he Lexicon is to reverb what the FYD is to tone. It is the promised land, the real deal, the cats meow, the muthafunkin shiiiit!!
I must say, ever since you joined the forum you've been influencing me both to try new stuff and to re-explore my old gear.

Ever since this post, I'd been thinking, don't I already own a Lexicon reverb or am I just imagining (or wishing) it?

Yesterday, during my ongoing efforts putting together a new pedalboard of individual pedals (I've been relying on my Line 6 M13 exclusively for the past decade or so), I opened up another gear drawer and found deep in the back of it my old Guyatone MR-2 Micro Reverb.

This pedal is essentially a Lexicon under a Guyatone wrapper.* I'll save it for when I eventually cop myself a preamp in a pedal that needs an accompanying reverb pedal.

* "The long out-of-production Guyatone MR2 Micro Reverb pedal. The MR-2 was in production for a very short period of time and was shut down to legal complications from their use of the famous Lexicon reverb chip/algorithms -- which make this pedal sound insanely lush and natural." http://effectsfreak.com/effect/guyatone ... packaging/

That looks like a cool pedal ... BUT ... i don’t see a spring reverb on it ... which is my go to from the Lexicon racks.