#129497  by Capt Rosebuddy

What's the group opinion on the Boss equalizer? When did Garcia start using it? And in conjunction with which over drive? My personal favorite od tone is the Marin Vets sessions, long shot but GE-7 used that far back?
I have a 70's Distortion+ and find it could some line boost seems like Garica ran his almost flat, so ergo was that the original mission of this guy?
NikTheTrip liked this
 #129501  by TI4-1009

There are different versions of the GE-7, some have a lot of hiss. The original Japanese ones were quiet, then they made them in Tiwan with cheaper componants and they got noisy, finally they caught on and improved them again. So it depends upon which one you get. When you read the reviews it sometimes sounds like they're talking about three different pedals (and they sort of are). Mine was noisy, I put in a Monte Allums kit and it's much quieter.

I think jer had them paired up with either his two distortions or his Mutron and octive divider, I forget which. Have a seat and someone will be along shortly who knows.
 #129528  by Capt Rosebuddy

TI4-1009 wrote: Have a seat and someone will be along shortly who knows.
Funny, standing by...
 #166311  by brbadg

This link is dead,but I'd sure like someone to start a thread on the
Garcia GE-7 eq settings.
 #166319  by tntawney

brbadg wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:10 pm This link is dead,but I'd sure like someone to start a thread on the
Garcia GE-7 eq settings.
I think the settings constantly changed depending on venue.
 #166335  by brbadg

There they are.Can't figure out the signal path from that, though!
 #166338  by hippieguy1954

brbadg wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:11 pm There they are.Can't figure out the signal path from that, though!
Each row is left to right 8)
 #166355  by Searing75

Jerry used the GE7's after each overdrive in his 90's rack.