#165867  by gdrfk1990

Has anyone tried this ? I am thinking I can move my rig into my pedalboard Blackbird > quilter 101 > jbl k120
Thoughts ?

I know the sms is a sure thing but as far as I know it doesn't come with a rugged shell pedal form ?

Honestly I'd like the quilter sound block 45 but that doesn't have an effects return

Again thoughts I hears Zack uses SMS > quilter 101 his tone is killer
 #165868  by Jon S.

>> Honestly I'd like the quilter sound block 45 but that doesn't have an effects return

PSA: New Quilter product. $575 street. 3 lbs. Has all the upgrades many of us have requested, including more power/headroom, trad. T-M-B tone controls, new FR voice option with tight solid-state damping for use with modelers plus FullQ and Vintage voices, an effects loop, and reverb that is (finally!) post-effects loop.

https://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/p ... -block-202

https://www.quilterlabs.com/manuals/222/manual.pdf

#165869  by lbpesq

You might want to check out the Quilter Interblock 45. Pedalboard size, with effects loop and several other features lacking in the MicroBlock 45. And the new ProBlock 202 does looks sweet. Essentially a 101 Mini Reverb with a lot more power.

Bill, tgo
 #165885  by jalevinemd

Personally I don't think you'll find a better portable combination than a Quilter head and separate preamp. On one of my rigs, I'm running an Ethos Clean preamp (mounted on my pedal board) into the effects return of my Quilter Tone Block 201, which is mounted inside the 1x12 BlockDock. Incredible sounding and lightweight.

My second pedal board uses a powered speaker and a Mooer Radar for power amp and IR modeling. I have an Ethos Overdrive preamp for that rig. Can't say enough good things about the Ethos products. Originally I had considered the Blackbird but didn't want to take the risk of a pedal board mounted preamp that had actual tubes in it.

Sounds like you're on the right track.
 #165948  by gdrfk1990

So I guess everyone agrees the quilter is a good substitute power amp. Has anyone tried this Effectrode Blackbird ? Supposedly the clean channel is a Twin preamp ? The dirty is a dumble based circuit with 2 settings one is like a Mesa and one a saldano? Any info opinions ?