#55751  by RETURN

Still waiting on my mail order but will meet up with anyone truckin up to Buffalo.
I'll post my seats when they come.
 #55757  by tigerstrat

Not going to any of these spring dates but since its so lonesome in here... I saw two GD shows at Rich Foods Stadium, both on the 4th of July : 86 and 89... 3-4 songs, plus (interestingly enough) Drums & Space of the 86 one were b'cast on the Farm-Aid PPV- last time I saw Garcia before the coma ... the 89 one was a smoker, as were most of the shows that year; the Playin'-less Reprise was pretty memorable. Rained at both shows.
 #55791  by NashvilleMike

Ditto...I was at the 86 shows in Buffalo and then RFK. All I remember is trippin' and sweatin' and Jack Straw on the 4th. Sure do miss the summer tour.
 #55796  by mttourpro

07/04/86
Rich Stadium - Buffalo, NY
Set 1:
Jack Straw
Dupree's Diamond Blues
C.C. Rider
Tennessee Jed
My Brother Esau
Touch Of Grey

Set 2:
Cold Rain And Snow
Fire On The Mountain
Samson And Delilah
The Wheel
I Need A Miracle
Uncle John's Band
Drums
Gimme Some Lovin'
Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad
Turn On Your Love Light

Encore:
U.S. Blues

Nice show, ehh. Gotta like that setlist. Unfortunately I didn't catch that show, but I saw them there from 89 on....that is a just a sick list though IMHO.
I always liked Rich Stadium too, definitely a cool atmosphere. Lots of locals into it even. I think they really liked the extra money for parking. No problems and easy money for them.

I remember walking into the place and immediately getting lost from my friends.
Steve Miller was already playing, in maybe 1992---I was Very Happy--- and looking up on the hill as I walked around the place, and just seeing throngs of hippies everywhere and thinking....... Holy Shit, this is SICK!!!

And then having a blast with a bunch of new friends.

There truly was nothing like a Grateful Dead Show. :cool:
 #55810  by NashvilleMike

Yeah it was fun at Rich stadium. It always seemed very small for a stadium plus having Tom Petty and Dylan it was a great day.
 #55821  by tigerstrat

Rich Sta at 68,000 cap. for concerts is actually one of the largest buildings the Dead ever played- bigger than RFK, Soldier Field, Foxboro, Oakland Stadium, the Metrodome... Giants & JFK are/were bigger. Not as big as the Polo Fields in GG Park... :cool:
 #55920  by RETURN

Being on the field at Rich was always a crazy time. It was usually pretty easy to get down there if you had "seat" tickets so it got busy.
The '89 show is on DVD in case you didn't know. If you ever watch it take a close look at Brents eyes. I'm still not sure how he played or if he even knew where he was.
 #55925  by tigerstrat

RETURN wrote:Being on the field at Rich was always a crazy time. It was usually pretty easy to get down there if you had "seat" tickets so it got busy.
The '89 show is on DVD in case you didn't know. If you ever watch it take a close look at Brents eyes. I'm still not sure how he played or if he even knew where he was.
You must be referring to 7/16/90... and yeah Brent looks bad; he was drinking more than ever by then, and his date w/ the speedball that did him in was only 10 days off. :cry:

Or is there a 7/4/89 DVD??? Would love to try to spot myself (again), improbable though because I spent the show in front of a delay tower behind the SBD, with NO sightline to the stage (more room to dance like a maniac that way)
 #55990  by RETURN

tigerstrat wrote:
RETURN wrote:Being on the field at Rich was always a crazy time. It was usually pretty easy to get down there if you had "seat" tickets so it got busy.
You must be referring to 7/16/90... and yeah Brent looks bad; he was drinking more than ever by then, and his date w/ the speedball that did him in was only 10 days off. :cry:

Or is there a 7/4/89 DVD??? Would love to try to spot myself (again), improbable though because I spent the show in front of a delay tower behind the SBD, with NO sightline to the stage (more room to dance like a maniac that way)
It's the 89 show I'm referring to, truckin up to Buffalo. Bertha opener, playin cut short right into Terrapin in the 2nd
 #57211  by tigerstrat

RETURN wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:

It's the 89 show I'm referring to, truckin up to Buffalo. Bertha opener, playin cut short right into Terrapin in the 2nd
Yeah I must have been thinking of the Pittsburgh 90 video. I just got the 89 TUTB on netflix! Watched set 1 last night... beautiful Row Jimmy! ...although JG flubs the ending. Not a chance I'd ever spot myself in this video, but I did spot the delay tower I was hanging near, just to the right of and behind the SBD. They seem REALLY shy about showing closeups of Jerry playing his guitar in this one.

What about Brent's eyes?? He looks a little stoney is all. He looks healthy, happy, fantastic, and he's playing wonderfully! Contrast this with the Pittsburgh 90 VFTV show where he looks like death warmed over.
 #57215  by RETURN

Yes he looks healthy but there are a few shots where they're kind of serial killerish. Maybe I was a little to lit up and thought he was looking at me.

You'll like the 2nd set.
 #58331  by RETURN

Hey all. Mailorder came in yesterday. Sec 327 row 5. Straight on dead center stage.
Anybody in the nosebleeds give a holler.