#55085  by Darkhorse014

They're dead to me. I cannot believe that I buy every goddamn studio album, countless dick's picks, go see bobby and phil countless times, and they try to charge 100 a ticket? Thats bullshit. Its all about the money for them now. I'm done seeing these money-hungry losers.

I don't care if you don't see it my way but you wont see me at phil, bobby, or any of the likes again. If phil and bobby were teenagers or even young and not famous, and they were fans of a band like I am of the dead and they tried to charge 100 a ticket they'd have said this is bullshit I'm staying home.

I'm excited to see younger groups and PHISH (who'd id pay 100 to see but won't have to) but to pay 100 for a show with warren and old bobby and old phil. They don't even play that great anymore. Its just not my thing.

I'll listen to Jerry till the day I die but not the "Dead"
Again I don't care if you disagree I Just had to vent
Have fun
RIP Grateful Dead
 #55087  by Jon S.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just pass on the shows and the anger? (Not advising you to do anything different than I'm doing myself.)
 #55089  by High Peaks

Weel, i was outspoken in a different thread, but i never questioned why they would charge that much. They are almost at the end/ or are at the end of the road. They have a hot product. Thats capitalism, and Jerry would have loved it. Think about it, Jerry was so burnt out playing with the Dead that if they were still around, tickets would probably cost much more than $100.I don't resent them for it, i just made the decision that it wasn't worth it for me to go. I think "Fuck the Dead" might be too harsh a reaction.

Just my .02

:peas:
 #55091  by jonarobb

That's pretty harsh, no? Fuck the Dead? I think this forum is about promoting the music and spirit of The Dead. But I understand the venting... Hope it helps.
 #55092  by paulee

I bought my ticket for 65...which I think is way too much as well but "it is what it is".

...and as far as charging 90 a ticket....well, I saw Springsteen and it was 90 a seat, AC/DC, 90 a seat.....the truth of the matter is "why would they charge this much for a ticket?...because THEY CAN, and if I were in an establishment of that kind of caliber musician-wise I would, and the majority of musicians out there would too. :roll:

...and of course this is my .02 as well....
 #55095  by hotasaPistol

I think that if you want to go...go .....and if not stay home

I saw the Who last year....minus Moon and Entwhistle and we paid $200 each for floor seats

It is the times we live in...they couldn't charge those prices if people didn't pay
Simple Econ 101.........

Most major acts and I think the Dead qualify as major are charging that or more and I don't think the Dead are any different or out of line....do I like it no...but I'm going
What did Yes charge ...some of you guys went

If the Led Zepplin reunion happened what do you think those seats would cost

How much did Van Halen get on their last go around or the Stones

Vote with your wallet and stay home....and keep your negativity to yourself

Pistol :P
 #55097  by tigerstrat

I just won tickets on the radio to see Bill Kreutzmann's trio at the Crystal Ballroom! Opening for Greyboy no less :smile: :smile: :hail: :x :smile: :smile:

Oh and FTD is the best thread title ever! Might be fun to keep this one going for awhile with some incredibly off-topic nonsense. Certainly, anything that doesn't do it for you, just say F it.
Last edited by tigerstrat on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #55100  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

I had a Wagyu (Kobe-style) NY Strip the other night that was the better part of $100. After the meal I felt it was pretty clear that it was the best $100 I had spent in quite some time.
 #55105  by China Cat

well darkhorse hate to burst your bubble but i wouldnt be surprised to see phish tickets up there. hampton IS NOT cheap at the moment, thats for damn sure. the tickets came out at 50 bucks a pop and sold out so fast that people are paying upwards of a grand on stubhub for 3 night passes. i think that if the dead had lower costs, the might sell out fast as well and then people would be buying tickets for really crazy prices on stubhub and ebay just like the phish scenario. 100 bucks each they may take longer to sell out so in the long run youd spend less most likely. and i dont think a young bobby or phil would respond to their favorite band touring by saying "fuck them"
 #55107  by jonarobb

Fuck! I just stubbed my toe on an amp! And it fucking hurt. Anyone think Tatum O' Neil is smoking crack right at this moment?