#1875  by jokke

greetings all

i downloaded a version of 'china cat' from kazaa a while ago, and the only info that comes with the song is that it is jerry playing this song with phish (i don't know this for sure, but it sure sounds like phish).

my problem is that just as the band embarks on what sounds like a great jam, the song fades out...bah!

anyone knwo where this song is from, and where i can get the full version?

it doesn't sound like it is live, more like a studio thing.

cheers

-j-

#1945  by LooksLikeRain

Phish never played with the grateful dead ever its misslabled

#1990  by Guyute24

did phil and friends with Trey and Page from Phish cover this song in 99? that might be what you're listening to. but like they said, phish never played with the dead.

#39715  by TheJuice

That recording is a mislabeled mp3 from the Europe 72 album. The reason it stops is because it goes straight into rider and the rest of the jam is in the beginning of that song. Sorry to bump an old thread; i just had the same question recently so i thought it was still relevant =)

#39717  by CaptainTrips

Other than issues like this where songs are very often mislabeled and/or misrepresented kazaa is pure evil. if you want my advice . . . . dont go near it. It's full of viruses and malware.

#39722  by Benthegoodbum

I totally agree Captain. Speaking of the track though, I remember having this quite a while back when I was fooling around with Kazaa. I was a novice with the Dead and Phish back then so I didn't know any better.

#39732  by High Peaks

Must have been with Phil. Jerry and Trey never played on stage together, if ever at all.