#100885  by CoolBreeze

Just wondering if any of the cover bands out there play this part. I don't think I've ever heard a band do this particular part of the transition. At about the 8:09 mark into China, they go into this VERY nice jam I've only ever heard on some 73 and 74 shows (btw- the whole show is very nice)

Just wonderin'

Bruce

Grateful Dead Live at Jai-Alai Fronton on 1974-06-22
http://www.archive.org/details/gd74-06- ... 156.flac24
 #100892  by jahozer

We do. Its my favorite part. It basically switches From G major to D major. I love how it resolves on the big giant G.
 #100899  by strumminsix

tigerstrat wrote:Sometimes, when everyone is onboard. It's been years actually.
+1 seems that folks have a hard time with the counting of it oddly enough.
Riff for 8, hold the D, riff for 8 hold the D, riff for 8 big G. Don't the confusion?!
 #100907  by hogan

Isn't it /D-A-Bm-A/ x 8 then 4 bars of G and repeat several times? On the last G passage resolve back to D for IKYR.
 #100908  by strumminsix

hogan wrote:Isn't it /D-A-Bm-A/ x 8 then 4 bars of G and repeat several times? On the last G passage resolve back to D for IKYR.
No, first few times around it goes back to the D and holds. last time around it goes to the G, G.
 #100909  by Chinarider1A

strumminsix wrote:
hogan wrote:Isn't it /D-A-Bm-A/ x 8 then 4 bars of G and repeat several times? On the last G passage resolve back to D for IKYR.
No, first few times around it goes back to the D and holds. last time around it goes to the G, G.
exactly..the double g is the part that seems to cause problems
 #100910  by strumminsix

Chinarider1A wrote:
strumminsix wrote:
exactly..the double g is the part that seems to cause problems
Yes and +1
 #100911  by CoolBreeze

strumminsix wrote:No, first few times around it goes back to the D and holds. last time around it goes to the G, G.
That's the part I was getting wrong! Makes sense now. Glad to hear folks still play that little ditty- I just think really makes for a more colorful transition.

-Bruce
 #100916  by strumminsix

CoolBreeze wrote:
strumminsix wrote:No, first few times around it goes back to the D and holds. last time around it goes to the G, G.
That's the part I was getting wrong! Makes sense now. Glad to hear folks still play that little ditty- I just think really makes for a more colorful transition.

-Bruce
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: