#81824  by bodiddley

At Blossom And Loved it! All haters please keep comments to yourselves. We don't need to go down that road anymore.

It was a lot mellower than I expected but I still enjoyed the whole vibe and sweet grooves. People have bee trying to get me into this band since '94, it only took 16 years but I think I'm getting there. Hell, I'd go see them again tonight if I could. Surprisingly, I was able to buy a ticket at the box office right before the show. Hell, if I was 20 yrs. younger and didnt have a family, I'd go on tour.
 #81834  by tcsned

Went to my first Phish show last year at Knoxville. I have been a Phish skeptic for a long time. A room mate kinda over played them years ago and turned me off. I was pleasantly surprised by the show. While not ready to go on tour, I would see them again if they came near.

My kids watch Nick Jr a lot and "Moose and Zee" kinda remind me of Phish tunes:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://web1.nyc.youtube.com/v/OpXTwl3eE ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://web1.nyc.youtube.com/v/OpXTwl3eEpc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

OK, not nearly the level of musicianship but there's something similar :lol:
 #81835  by Rusty the Scoob

Tickets have been surprisingly easy to get, just as Trey's really playing well again! I call that a win/win. Can't wait to see them on Tuesday! My first show was in 1995, seen them maybe 20-25 times.
 #81836  by erock

I've been off the phish bus since 98 or so. I saw them probably 30 times from 95-98. just sometime in 98 the scene started to degenerate, and the music became off. so I stopped going. I have been talking to a lot of people who kept going after I stopped, and all are telling me they are back on...

If they come near here I probably will go, but I won't travel unless I see for my own eyes they are back. Though I would have loved to see a blossom show. That is a great venue
 #81837  by Rusty the Scoob

erock wrote:I've been off the phish bus since 98 or so. I saw them probably 30 times from 95-98. just sometime in 98 the scene started to degenerate, and the music became off. so I stopped going. I have been talking to a lot of people who kept going after I stopped, and all are telling me they are back on...

If they come near here I probably will go, but I won't travel unless I see for my own eyes they are back. Though I would have loved to see a blossom show. That is a great venue
It's hard to describe new Trey vs. 1998 Trey but it's obvious when you see him. It's like a grey fog lifted and there's the old Trey standing there, smiling, just like he used to. Plus he doesn't look like Eric Clapton right when he gets out of bed anymore. :lol:

Really makes me wish Jerry had been able to clean up and get healthy... he'd have had so much more to contribute...
 #81841  by bodiddley

Jerry did clean up and contribute...for a few years anyway.

Best shirt I saw at Phish was a great pick of Garcia with the words "The Dude Abides" written on it. If anyone knows where to find that Tee, please let me know.
 #83004  by Capt Rosebuddy

When they started YEM at 11:22pm at Camden I my friends and I just stared at each other in amazement, Yea! the first leg of the summer has been kind of epic. I was lucky enough to catch 7 shows so far and they have all been fantastic, I kept saying "we got our old band back!!" They are having fun again, and it's definitely showing. The only real minus, and it's a small one, is Trey's new toy, the whammy, aka "The Whale" it's a cool effect but just like always when he gets into something new (the boomerang, the lesley, ect..) he kinda goes overboard, that said he's getting some pretty killer bends out of the thing. Also the new songs are great! much stronger than the Joy material imho. I can't wait 'till Berkley.
 #83010  by jonarobb

Started seeing Phish in the late 80's. At the height of my Phish jones I was doing full tours. When the Dead went to Europe in 90 I couldn't swing it so a bunch of us from New Paltz did Phish tour. It was pretty wide open back then. Stayed on the bus with Phish pretty steadily since. Full tours between 91 and 94. Then like everything else it got humongo big. Started to have a hard time getting into shows, etc...

When they got back together last year I was right there at the front of the line. Seen maybe 25 shows since the reunion and all I can say is yeah man, fucking rocks. I still get chills at the opening of Split Open and Melt.

It was cool to hook up with RuKinders last year at Indio and Miami for New Years.

I think Phish still has the goods. See you at Telluride!
 #83011  by Capt Rosebuddy

Rusty the Scoob wrote:So far I don't like the new songs nearly as much as most of Joy.... but they need time to develop.
Page's new one "Half Way to the Moon" is pretty great, and "Show of Life" has some real potential. But then again as long as there not singing about "cold green tea" I'm happy.
 #83014  by tigerstrat

1st show: 9/30/91 Cubby Bear, Chicago, IL
last show: 6/30/99 Sandstone, Kansas

Everything after Hoist is "new stuff" in my book... glad they are experiencing a renaissance, would be nice if they showed up in Portland this fall, or anywhere within 200 miles.
 #83015  by javalina

My wife is friends with the wife of the drummer for Phish, they live up here by me. She says they're really sweet people. I'd love to see the band some time, but like every other band, they only play gigs when I'm working...
 #83017  by tcsned

I've never been a huge fan but enjoyed the Knoxville show I went to last year - I know a handful of their tunes and taught a few back when I was teaching guitar. I thought Ocelot was a cool tune. Might have just been the performance but I understand that's a new one and I think a good one.
 #83018  by Rusty the Scoob

Capt Rosebuddy wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:So far I don't like the new songs nearly as much as most of Joy.... but they need time to develop.
Page's new one "Half Way to the Moon" is pretty great, and "Show of Life" has some real potential. But then again as long as there not singing about "cold green tea" I'm happy.
Haven't heard those... maybe I got the so/so ones at the shows I saw. I'll check them out!

And what's wrong with cold green tea? I think about that song every time I have a cliff bar now, which is a lot... I've been buying them in Costco-bulk forever... :lol:
 #83031  by bodiddley

tcsned wrote:I've never been a huge fan but enjoyed the Knoxville show I went to last year - I know a handful of their tunes and taught a few back when I was teaching guitar. I thought Ocelot was a cool tune. Might have just been the performance but I understand that's a new one and I think a good one.
That was actually the first show I ever downloaded from Phish.com and I have come to love it. I think I'm on board for good with this band. Currently downloading as much as I have time to. Hope I can catch at least one more show this Summer.