#66444  by Capt Rosebuddy

tigerstrat wrote:[We're definitely on the same wavelength with this- !
Right ON!
tigerstrat wrote:... and do not miss the 6/10&11/94 Red Rocks!

BW..... There is your answer, the 6/11/94 RR show is maybe THE (or at least one of THE) show(s) of the '90's, if not ever! Start there.
 #72974  by Playing Games

NashvilleMike wrote:
b weird wrote:For years now I've said I hate Phish but to tell the truth I've never really listened to them, where's a good place to start?
What are good studio albums and what the best live years?For years now I've said I hate Phish but to tell the truth I've never really listened to them, where's a good place to start?
What are good studio albums and what the best live years?

Don't do it man...
I couldn't agree with you more. DON'T DO IT! Ever listen to the lyrics of some of their songs? They sound like something out of a Cracker Jack factory. Why on God's Green Earth would someone want to listen to or see a band whose drummer wears Granny's dresses, a special flying hat and goggles? Please, I beg you sir, DON'T DO IT.

I almost got stuck having to see these fools for New Years.

#73249  by China Cat

Rift, A Picture of Nectar, Billy Breathes, Joy, Lawn Boy, Farmhouse are all good

92-95 and 1998

2009 was a pretty good year too!
 #73254  by paulinnc

I have seen at least 50 Phish shows since the early 90's and to pick one era to begin. I'll give you some dates that you should look into.

5/8/93 UNH field house
3/1/2003 Greensboro Coluseum
7/16/94 Sugarbush Vt. Best Hood EVER!!!
5/6/95 Lowell Mass, Best Reba EVER!!!
Arrowhead Ranch, Can't remember the date 90 or 91
12/28 and 12/29/95
12/31/92 Matthews Arena
4/21/95 Winston Salem, NC

Those are some dates of some great shows That should more than get you going.
Also the Great Went, Clifford Ball and the IT festivals are all good too. Happy listening.
 #73255  by paulinnc

Playing Games wrote:
NashvilleMike wrote:
b weird wrote:For years now I've said I hate Phish but to tell the truth I've never really listened to them, where's a good place to start?
What are good studio albums and what the best live years?For years now I've said I hate Phish but to tell the truth I've never really listened to them, where's a good place to start?

Don't do it man...
I couldn't agree with you more. DON'T DO IT! Ever listen to the lyrics of some of their songs? They sound like something out of a Cracker Jack factory. Why on God's Green Earth would someone want to listen to or see a band whose drummer wears Granny's dresses, a special flying hat and goggles? Please, I beg you sir, DON'T DO IT.

I almost got stuck having to see these fools for New Years.

The flying hat and goggles were something he broke out for the NYE gag.

Why on God's Green Earth would I want to listen to some fat guy who wears dirty black Tshirts all the time and has a nasally, voice and sounds like he can barely breath and only plays these "magic" guitars with tigers, wolves and skeletons on them?
 #73259  by jdsmodulus

A good place to start is LSD...unless we are talking about how "their gear" relates, lets not go here! There are plenty of other places to discuss "them" just 10 cents :?
 #73371  by pskept

in my opinion their cd "a live one" is a great place to start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Live_One

its really strange how up tight people get about what other people listen to. i can't understand what threatens people so much about someone else having different tastes or opinions. we're talking about music not sports.