name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #33593  by Tancrisism

I joined a while ago (when I was 15), and am just now getting around to checking out the forums; I have been frequenting it for the tabs and chords.

I'm originally from Massachusetts (Martha's Vineyard to be specific), and have been moved many times due to my step father being in the Coast Guard. Now I am living in California, and will go to college here after I graduate highschool.

I play guitar, bass, piano, and mandolin so far. I plan to play anything that I can get my hands on, though. I took guitar lessons for about two or three years years (from about ages 12-15, and taught myself everything else.

It's hard to find people with similar tastes in music in my area, or in any area that I've lived in. Overall I listen to a lot of classic rock, but primarily those that are shoved into the progressive rock category. I also really enjoy reggae, grunge, and various ethnic musics (Celtic, African blues, Klezmer, and so on), but if I had to pick a specific niche for myself it would be a mixture of progressive rock, classical, and folk, as those three are my passion.

Anyway, I'd love to talk to some like-minded folks about music, and anyone who likes the Grateful Dead has a fantastic point of view when it comes to musical opinions, I think.

Greetings, all!

#33601  by deadguise

Hey welcome, I'm in the East Bay too.

#33607  by frankielee

hey you bay area cats...I'm up in the foothills(Placerville)...sound like those guys from back east are gonna try and get together for a jam...maybe us west coasters should kick around an idea like that...After all this is where it all got started...Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year!

#33633  by CaptainTrips

Youve come to the right place! "Welcome my son, welcome to the Machine!"

:-)

#33662  by Tancrisism

Actually, an East Bay jam would be an awesome idea. I'll put forth the thought in a new topic.

Thanks for the greetings, friends.