name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #173332  by Cozmik Cowboy

Hieghdy-heghdy-heidy hey!

I have been poking my nose in here on occasion, and posting even less for a while now, so I figured I'd say "Howdy".

I am 66 years of age, and for 43 of hat have been The World's Worst Guitar Player. I am also a certified (and perhaps certifiable) Guitar Geek.

I am the father of 3 (1 of whom, despite being essentially a drummer, is a far better picker than I ever was or ever will be; I hate the little shi.......er, I mean, I'm so proud of him!

I am retired; this follows stints at more different jobs than you can shake a rainstck at, most notably being a soundman/stagehand from '77 to '84 (with a brief sojourn as a salesman for the Evil Empire; I was too honest to make it there.....) & for 17.5 years a Teamster. After getting laid off, I went back to finish my BA (only took me 31 years......) & top it with an MA; best thing that led to is I can say that between K-12 subbing, community college classes, and guest lecturer gigs for one of my erstwhile profs, I once taught, in one school year, every level from kindergarten through grad students.

Whar else ya wanna know? I'm a Marxist - of the Groucho School. Married 39 years next month to a red-headed smokeshow who picked me up at my soundboard on my 27th b-day (4-1-83; married Her 8-20-83).

I was a motorcyclist & homebrewer until a quack surgeon* rendered my right leg incompatible with such pass-times - and my beloved camping, canoeing, hiking, backpacking, etc.

*Raed Abbusuuwa, Downers Groove, IL; avoid him like the plague.

Anything else you want to know, hit me with a query, or read what I post.

Thanks for letting me hang.
 #173334  by Jon S.

Thanks for sharing your fascinating backstory. Welcome!
 #173337  by Jon S.

BTW, you have me beat in the marriage department. I'm married to my own hotshot redhead only 31 years. :lol:
 #173339  by lbpesq

The Cozmik one is an old friend of mine from over at the Alembic Club Forum. And don’t listen to his BS about being the worst guitar player. He may not be Les Paul, but he has a bunch of chords down and, most important of all, he enjoys playing! He’s probably forgotten more about guitar trivia than I will ever know. And, of great import around here, he is a consummate Deadhead.

Bill, tgo
Jon S. liked this
 #173342  by Jon S.

I think you mean, "Are there others?" :wink:
 #173344  by TI4-1009

Yeah- I wanna know how the quack surgeon separated you from homebrewing???

You sound pretty cool- Welcome! We'll have you here.
 #173356  by Cozmik Cowboy

lbpesq wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:15 am And, of great import around here, he is a consummate Deadhead.

Bill, tgo
As Bill points out, I had a brain fart and left out a key point for this forum - I am, indeed, a devotee of The Greatest Rock'N'Roll Band In The History Of The Universe.

But I will add that, thanks to the random wonders of the YouTube sidebar, I have new favorite currently-active band; check out Achilles Wheel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mpAPuokU5E. If you're here, you'll probably find them most groovy.
 #173357  by Cozmik Cowboy

Jon S. wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:03 am I think you mean, "Are there others?" :wink:
GC = 1 Evil Empire; ergo "is there another". Singular to singular. At least, that's how I think my 7th-grade English teacher would want it; that was more than a week ago now, and I may have forgotten.
 #173358  by Cozmik Cowboy

TI4-1009 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:55 am Yeah- I wanna know how the quack surgeon separated you from homebrewing???

You sound pretty cool- Welcome! We'll have you here.
OK, think about pouring 5 gallons of boiling liquid - with one leg that requires a brace & a cane........

Now, carry it to from the garage to the basement to ferment.

And thanks for the welcome.
 #173426  by garagesmokes

Cozmik Cowboy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:28 pm
I was a motorcyclist & homebrewer until a quack surgeon* rendered my right leg incompatible with such pass-times - and my beloved camping, canoeing, hiking, backpacking, etc.
I got a bum left leg from a spinal surgery! I'm the least graceful guitar pedal tapper youll meet!
 #173428  by Cozmik Cowboy

garagesmokes wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:48 pm
Cozmik Cowboy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:28 pm
I got a bum left leg from a spinal surgery! I'm the least graceful guitar pedal tapper youll meet!
Yeah, it's probably a good thing that I have never used pedals - especially a wah........