name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #172451  by Jon S.

Welcome to RUKIND and, of course, the bus. And I dig your eclectic taste in Dead!
EternallyGrateful liked this
 #172452  by Chocol8

Welcome! If you like the early 70’s, the Princeton show in April 1971 is a must. I think it was 4/17 but you should be able to find it. Phil once said that was his favorite PigPen show. He does an extended rap about hiring a cheap hooker and ending up with VD in Good Lovin, and then during Love Light he hooks up members of the audience.

Also, check out pretty much the entire Spring tour in 77. The May 8 Cornell show gets a lot of press, but there are some real gems before and after as well.
 #172453  by lbpesq

Well hello EG and welcome to the forum! While I wasn’t at 12/31/78 (I was playing at a NYE party), I did attend four of the five shows they played at Winterland in October of ‘78 (missing only one to attend Neil Young’s Rust Never Sleeps tour at the Cow Palace). Another 70’s run I would suggest in the three show stand at Winterland in February of ‘74. As for albums, I’ve always thought “Without a Net” is very underrated.

Bill, the guitar one
EternallyGrateful liked this
 #172454  by EternallyGrateful

lbpesq wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:58 am Well hello EG and welcome to the forum! While I wasn’t at 12/31/78 (I was playing at a NYE party), I did attend four of the five shows they played at Winterland in October of ‘78

Bill, the guitar one
That's awesome to hear! Do you have any interesting stories from those shows?