name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #172252  by Tacosauce

Hiya all. Sean from Tacoma here. I've been lurking for a couple months, checking out the gear talk. Was steered here from my search for info about the Sarno pre amp.

Glad to see some fellows I recognize from Reverb. A lil about me I guess...

First show: RFK 86, night 2. I only went cause I wanted to see Tom Petty. Little did I know...
Gear: My partner would say I've got more than needed, I'd say I need just one more (of everything).
Crew on tour: Snoopy from Alabama (RIP), Kevin from South Carolina, Joe and Brad from CT, Cher, Lil Ed, Mushroom Tom (RIP), Gene, Roach (RIP), Jason from CO (RIP), Jen from SC (RIP), and too many others.
Last show: RFK 95. It ended where it all began.

Yall be safe out there. Shit is crazy.
 #172253  by Jon S.

Welcome, Sean from Takoma. Jon from Fairfax, VA, though in 1986, I was living in Georgetown, DC and I was also at the '86 RFK Petty/Dead show, and I was also at the '95 RFK show. So, for all we know, our paths have already crossed. 8) BTW, do you remember how freaking hot it was for the '86 show?! And why no mention of RFK in '91, or Merriweather Post in '84 and '85 - those were all great shows, too. I forget now which of the Merriweather shows it was where the sky collapsed on us but holy crap, I was never so soaking freaking wet in my life. :biggrin:

EDIT: Silly me - I forgot the Capital Center shows. Those were awesome, too!
Last edited by Jon S. on Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.