name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #170125  by Mthatcher61

Hi, my name is Mark Thatcher. I’m originally from Rhode Island. I got on the bus Mothers Day 1978 in Providence. I was 15 at the time. Been a long strange trip. I have been on an acoustic Bluegrass kick for a long time. I play mainly fiddle, I have a few 5 stringers. I started out on guitar in the 70’s I now have a 2000 Martin HD28LSV, then went to mandolin in the 80s fiddle in the 90s Banjo in 00’s and now finally making my way to electricity. I want to get a Phred or some similar Garcia clone’y type guitar. I never got much further than campfires snd BG festivals as far as picking snd equipment. I’m ready to learn amps and pedals and obels. :) I got a Boss ME80 for Xmas this year and I’m starting to figure out stuff on the fiddle with it. Anyway, pleasure to meet you all snd a pleasure to be here. Here is a video I just did, a good example of where I am musically, technically and gear/knowledge wise at the moment. Just a hack but I like to have fun with it. https://youtu.be/5-gGrCkEPMQ
paulinnc liked this
 #170131  by Jon S.

Welcome/ :musicsmile:

To show how eclectic my tastes are, my fave fiddlists include Jerry Goodman, Jean Luc Ponty, Papa John Creach, and Vassar Clements.
Mthatcher61 liked this
 #170132  by Jon S.

paulinnc wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:03 pm Welcome!!! I also live in Raleigh.
Paul, are you also in this TGP NC gearfest picture? (I'm to the far right holding my Philtone Jerrycaster "Tiger.")

Mthatcher61 liked this
 #170210  by paulinnc

Jon S. wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:14 am
paulinnc wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:03 pm Welcome!!! I also live in Raleigh.
Paul, are you also in this TGP NC gearfest picture? (I'm to the far right holding my Philtone Jerrycaster "Tiger.")

I am not in that picture, I only attended one of those meet ups it has to be close to 10 years ago now, crazy.