name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #154264  by Brad125

Just joined this group a couple of days ago and still trying to figure out the forum searches. I'll get it.
Been into the Dead since 1977. I had an older brother and cool parents that let me travel at a young age.
Hartford to Oakland red-eye via People's Express for $99 each way. Unbelievable times.

First shows were Cape Cod 1979 (both).
Last show was Boston 9-26-91 (after Brent - I just couldn't do Vince... I tried, but to no avail... I bailed). Glad I did.

Saw 212 shows and have "just about all of the circulated GD & JGB on Hard Drives" from the usual suspects and websites.
Got all official releases in FLAC format as well.

Was a huge tape trader and giver in the 80's along the CT shoreline and even more in those Relix Tape Trading ads in the back pages!!!

Took my crack at taping with AKG451's from 1989-1991 (many sweet ones).
My best pulls were definitely Hampton 1989. SWEET SPOT!! ... but in the hallway in front of speakers
I had great taping section friends that let me "take off" and do my thing in the hallways right by those sweet speakers while they controlled my Marantz PDM-430 deck. :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:
I really miss that hallway jammin. So many shows that I never even saw the band.
Caught the entire Spring '87 tour and never saw the band once. Amazing memories of people and fun and hot shows!!
The hallways were special times for me big-time (87-90) :) :thewave:

Was blessed early in the 80's to have a friend hook me up with 2nd and 3rd Gen SBD's from Joanie Walker and Paul Scotten, who are huge names in the SHN/FLAC community on such sites. Little did I know back then, in a cassette world, I was getting copies from sources that have now been mastered or re-mastered by Charlie Miller. Many of Charlie's SBD's come from Joanie and Paul

Had over 2000 cassettes back then and now I have 32TB of GD and JGB (3 back ups of all).
IF anyone ever needs to get hooked up with shows, just holler.

Lineage is important to me, meaning, if I already have a show but an upgrade with one less cassette generation comes to light,
I WANT THAT copy. Many ppl think the human ear cannot detect the difference in one or two generations and/or 16 bit vs 24 bit... but you can.
I have a sick audio setup and amazing ATH-M50 studio headphones and I can detect the difference... easily. :hail:

Anyone need anything, ever, please feel free to contact me. I'm OCD, so it will "Be Just Exactly Perfect"

Peace from Southern Central CT
Brad
 #154287  by Alligator

Hey, welcome to the board friend. I'm from up a ways in Farmington,CT. Brent era dead was excellent. One of the best additions to the band. :hail:
 #154289  by jackevorkian

Hey Brad...I'm a New Havener as well. What part of town are you in? I'm in the process of putting together a decent hifi system with a dac, specifically to start collecting some hard drives of GD. I may take you up on your offer...provided I can buy you some beers in return!

Derek
 #154290  by Brad125

jackevorkian wrote:Hey Brad...I'm a New Havener as well. What part of town are you in? I'm in the process of putting together a decent hifi system with a dac, specifically to start collecting some hard drives of GD. I may take you up on your offer...provided I can buy you some beers in return!

Derek
PM sent