name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #153716  by gratefulfork

Hey folks,
My name's Matt, I'm from New York City but attend college in central Connecticut. Discovered this forum a few months ago and spent some time lurking around the Bobby tone forum, actually bought a great moded Ibanez Artist off of another member over there, but didn't realize there was a place for introductions! I'm too young to have seen the Dead, but caught my first Further show when I was 16 and have been on the bus ever since. As much as I appreciate Jerry's genius and love his playing, I'm a Bobby fan to the core and have been delighted and surprised to find a community of similar minded people who are happy to lend a hand and give advice whenever they are asked.

I'm currently the rhythm player for a band based in New York City that doesn't play the Dead's catalogue, however we are mostly made up of heads and tend to jam in a similar style. I'm also the Bobby for a dead tribute group on my college campus that's getting off the ground this fall.

My current rig is:
1979 Ibanez Artist moded with the addition of a Dimarzio Area 61 between the two Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs
Roland JC-40
Not too extensive, I'm a broke college student after all, but it gets the job done and will surely expnand as time passes.
 #153730  by PaulJay

Welcome aboard, always good to have a young one join the crew. Is that the new JC-40 you have? How do you like it?
I have a JC-77 and will never get rid of it.
 #153731  by gratefulfork

Thanks all! As to the JC-40, I think it's great. sounds sweet and does the Bobby chirp extremely well. I even get a fairly decent "out of phase" sound by using the vibrato effect on a low setting! Only complaint so far is that if hit a chord with a bit of force, it can sound brittle, but I think I just need to take some more time with the nobs, I just got the amp pretty recently.