name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #133561  by JamGuy

Hey all... my first post, though various searches have led me here in the past and I've always learned something. I'm contemplating a "sorta" Jerry strat build and figure I'll need some help. I think I want to do a Super II in the neck, a Red Velvet in the middle, and a Super Distortion in the bridge. I'm interested in using an Alembic Blaster but am also interested in the effects loop wiring. I'm not sure how/if this particular recipe is possible but I figure someone will know. I'm pretty comfortable wiring but again, I don't know much about Jerry's wiring schemes but I look forward to learning more about them...

I grew up in Maine and now I live in southern Oregon. I've been playing guitar for 20 years or so and messing around with making parts-o-casters and teles for the last 10 (as well as modding nearly anything else with strings). It goes without saying that I love the Dead and my rig can capture the essence of Jerry's rig but it still sounds lime me too... I'm a bit of a guitar-a-holic but hey, that's alright! cheers, JG
 #133585  by tigerstrat

Welcome, and enjoy sifting through the forums. If its related to the GD and the gear used/ tones attained, you can find extensive discussion of it here. Use the Search!

Maybe I'll see you at Applegate Lodge or Jackson Wellness Springs sometime! I'll be playing the Lodge in April...