name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #133489  by PurpleTrails

Hi guise,

Been lurking here for years, but someone copied a post I made a few years ago on harmony central that was an intro to Jerry-style playing, so I decided to come out of the shadows here.

Basic info: my first Dead show was at the Shrine Auditorium in LA in 1978. I saw 151 dead shows plus a bunch of Jerry shows over the years.

I've been playing guitar for 30 years or so now. I also play harmonica, a bit of ukelele, and didgeridoo.

My "Jerry" rig consists of a stock MIA fender lonestar plugging into a '72-73 vintage silverface twin loaded with JBL k120 speakers. My effects chain usually looks like micropog>qtron+ (with dano TOD OD in its effects loop)>distortion+ (new/crappy version)>MXR classic OD>byoc FET preamp>script phase 90>carbon copy. If I can ever get my byoc yellow OD to work right I may kick the distortion+ off.

I don't play in a band.

At some point I may jerrify a guitar or order a custom, but I am at least somewhat reluctant to do that because I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my left hand, and hence am really picky about neck carves.