name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #167080  by WheelToTheStorm

Hey all!

I've been trying recently to make the dead a bigger part of my life again, so I thought I would join up here! My name is Corey, and I'm from the middle of nowhere, Michigan. I've been a head for half of my life. The other half found me stumbling around being a little depressed and trying to keep my head above water emotionally and financially.

My story about how I "got on the bus" is as magical as the band itself! I have always been into classic rock and "hippie music", but didn't give the dead a shot right away. Wherever unsent, I had my portable cd player and a ton of albums in tow. One day, when I was about 15, I was walking home from somewhere, listening to my music, and I started seeing CD's scattered in a group on the side of the road. I stopped to see what I found. Nothing great, some Don Henley, and some more forgettable stuff. One of the albums was the Grateful Dead self titled studio album. I grabbed it, and took it home and immediately put it on. The rest is history.

I play guitar, I go to shows, and I carry the dead with me wherever I go. Saw the core four once, furthur a bunch of times, dead and co once, and a dozen odd other dead adjacent shows along the way. Every minute magic and every memory is cherished.
gr8fulbluz, phpbb liked this
 #167082  by Jon S.

Thanks for sharing your story, Corey. Everyone's is different but the magic's the commonality.
gr8fulbluz liked this
 #167084  by gr8fulbluz

Hey Now!
just stopping by to say Hi.
I have been trying to make guitar and dead more part of my day as well :cool:

There is much information here. Enjoy your day!