name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #162860  by Denis Van
 Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:19 am
Hello from (near) Paris, France !
Happy to join the community, I love songs and I love gear.
Been playing (guitar) and singing Dead-related songs since the late 80's, still learning today !
waldo041, ac4468, TI4-1009 and 3 others liked this
 #162874  by TI4-1009
 Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:17 pm
Welcome Denis! My wife's Mom was from Paris. I've been there a few times, the company I worked for had a plant up in Valenciennes.
Denis Van liked this
 #162893  by tcsned
 Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:07 am
Welcome aboard! I grew up in Germany in the 70s. Was in Paris last in 1978. I’m guessing it’s a bit different now :)
Denis Van liked this
 #162900  by Jon S.
 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:50 am
Bienvenue!

I only visited France once. It was in 2010 representing the United States at an international conference on environmental enforcement outcome measurement. We spent most of our days in meetings and the evenings out on the town. Lucky for me, I fell in with the Canadian rep, who was fluent in French, and he did most of the talking for us. The trip highlights included me nearly breaking an attempted pickpocketer's arm (I saw it coming a hundred meters away). I must have gotten a total of 10 hours of sleep that full week and got sick as a dog for another week the day after my return to the states but it was so worth it! :D
TI4-1009, Denis Van liked this
 #162906  by waldo041
 Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:22 am
Welcome,

I served in the United States Marine Corps and did two workups and Mediterranean Cruises with the 24th MSSG Headquarters and Service& Support Communications Platoon. We had a lot of places we stopped at with tons for liberty in most places to sight-see. I actually got to play on an Israel Radio station setup by our USO rep over there with a fellow Navy Corpsman whom had written a few country type songs i played lead on with him. I have been to Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania , Israel, through the Suez Canal and up into the Arabian sea into Bahrain , Kuwait and a ton of other places i have not mentioned. That does not include my 4 years living in Gloucestershire England while my Father served in the USAF. But I have yet to visit France, been close to it, and I really wish we had the opportunity back then.

But again, welcome to the playground!

~waldo
Denis Van liked this