name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #161945  by roknfnrol

Hi everyone. I hang around some other forums but have ignored this one a bit, sorry! I love the GD, guitar, and gear. Here is my youtube page if you wanna check it out- www.youtube.com/roknfnrol

I don't strive to emulate anyone's tone but I certainly appreciate GD tone in general, especially when I see a band paying homage to the GD and they get accurate tones (most recently Reckoning in Charleston, SC).

Jon S. liked this
 #161950  by tcsned

Welcome aboard roknfnrol! I saw a pretty good Dead show at Freedom Hall in '89 (one of the few Louis Louis' played). I watched a couple of your YouTube videos, nice stuff!!
roknfnrol liked this
 #161965  by ac4468

Welcome!
tcsned wrote:Welcome aboard roknfnrol! I saw a pretty good Dead show at Freedom Hall in '89 (one of the few Louis Louis' played). I watched a couple of your YouTube videos, nice stuff!!
That Louisville show was a memorable one for me too. I lived at Fort Knox in the early 70's when my father was stationed there during Viet Nam. My first time back after that was the Freedom Hall show.
tcsned, roknfnrol liked this
 #162802  by barefootdave

Grew up in the Ville, caught the 2 Freedom Hall shows in 93 and used to play in the band "Buckit" as well as Gladstone with friends Neil Hulswede and Sam Shaheen. We used to play Dutch's, Maier's, Headliners... wonder if those places are still there all these years later?
8-6-71 for me liked this
 #162803  by Jon S.

roknfnrol wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:37 amI don't strive to emulate anyone's tone but I certainly appreciate GD tone in general, especially when I see a band paying homage to the GD and they get accurate tones ...
Nice! Welcome to the forum.
roknfnrol liked this