#36955  by SpaceYrface43

just want some opionions on the Fender Roland ready strasts was looking to buy on to go with my gr-20. thanks

#37011  by pappypgh

Hmmmm...didn't know Fender was making one. I have a 94 American Standard Stratocaster that I have equipped with a GK-2A unit that goes to my GR09. I use it every show. I put it on myself, and not in the best spot, but I'm used to it, now.

I have a custom guitar currently in the works (should be done end of Feb / early March) and I will use the Stratocaster only when I plan on a MIDI tune. I dig it tho - wish I could have afforded a more recent model, but I still like what I got.

#37013  by Tennessee Jedi

Pappy
You got a '94 Strat?
Me too mi amigo!
40th anniversary model?
I totally screwed with mine-Added a Rosewood neck,put Pearly gates in the bridge spot.Strats are made for tinkering.
My bud that does tech work says my Strat is a lemon-even the replacement neck he doesnt like.Needs a set up now in a bad way...sounds like crap past the 14th fret....
Checked out your new git yer got coming-you lucky dog!
Thought you did Bob stuff-what do you do with the Roland?

:cool:

#37020  by pappypgh

TJedi....well, actually, I do BOTH the Bob AND Jerry parts in my band as we are a quartet and I'm the only guitarist! Check out some trax on our website - I'm doin' all the guitar (not that it's anything spectacular, but I hang, I think). Thanks for the kudos on the new guitar.

I incorrectly put 94...it's a 91. Sorry.

It's all right, nothing spectacular, but it's served me well for the past 15 years or so. Cannot wait for the new one!!

BTW - Bobby played a TON of MIDI back in the 89-95 era. Plenty o' horns, etc...I love that thang. I use the flute sounds for Jerry solos, the horns SOMETIMES, like in a Ramble On Rose, The Other One (I use that oboe sound), Lovelight or Mexicali, too - if my keyboardist doesn't do a horn solo first.

:cool:

#37025  by Tennessee Jedi

Cool beans Pappy
Make sure you post some good shots of new git-is their anything better than custom guitars?
Oboe on the Other One?--->Close Encounters?
Yeah- that would be sweet!
I got to mess with a Roland once-pure space man!
I should hook up with one...... :cool:
 #78409  by JonnyBoy

The new roland pickup seems to be the next step in technology for Fender. They have them on Mexican strats too, to keep the price down. I see this move to stick for them, they had a good response to their move into midi. I have always wanted one myself. Cool stuff. Are the effects even more real now than when Jerry was doing it 15 years ago?

I know they have come a long way with modeling technology these days like the axeFx and eleven.