#36823  by caspersvapors

SUGAREEEEE!!!!!

#36824  by frankielee

It's great to see Phil Having such a good time!! :cool:

#36825  by Pigpen

mmm I cant stand Jackie Greene, I'm sorry but I just cant stand him.

#36826  by caspersvapors

anybody else think Jackie Greene is a weird looking thing?

#36827  by Pigpen

Looks like a chameleon. Right?

#36828  by SoulShakedown

caspersvapors wrote:lol I love watching phil, hes having a good time and tearing it up
It's remarkable he's still up on stage jamming with that energy at almost 70 years old.

#36829  by SoulShakedown

Jackie Green adds absolutely nothing to this performance. He's doing more harm then good.

#36830  by Chuckles

SoulShakedown wrote:Jackie Green adds absolutely nothing to this performance. He's doing more harm then good.
Other than singing songs on key and remembering the lyrics, ya mean?

Yeah, he's funky lookin', in a Ziggy Stardust meets the White Stripes meets Beck way... like looks are something deadheads should gripe about! :lol:

#36831  by Pigpen

Mark Karan looks a bit like Mike Bloomfield actually. I just wish he'd open his damn eyes(Jackie).

#36832  by caspersvapors

I dont mind Jackie, I actually kinda like his voice

and ya cant really argue that those were some of the best jams of the night

and they are tuning a half step down, I was just playing along with em
Last edited by caspersvapors on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

#36833  by SoulShakedown

Chuckles wrote:
SoulShakedown wrote:Jackie Green adds absolutely nothing to this performance. He's doing more harm then good.
Other than singing songs on key and remembering the lyrics, ya mean?
Lol, he moves you?

The kid has played the same mediocre blues licks on every tune tonight and he can't swing for shit.

#36834  by Pigpen

Now the steel pedal is great in Eyes,

#36835  by caspersvapors

throwing stones is pretty poignant for this show

#36836  by Chuckles

SoulShakedown wrote: Lol, he moves you?

The kid has played the same mediocre blues licks on every tune tonight and he can't swing for shit.
I dunno... this is the first time I've ever heard him. He and Karan had quite the jam in Sugaree with the ascending 6ths. Nice tension and release. He surely isn't the second coming of Jerry, but who is... and who would want one?

I do not like his keyboard playing, though, at all. Don't care much for either him or the other keyboardist. Since when is a retro mid-70's Moog sound cool again?

#36837  by Pigpen

I thought so too.