#23930  by CaptainTrips

Download Series 10, July 21, 1972 at the Paramount Northwest Theatre in Seattle, WA
 #23935  by kenneybonz

i'm not sure of the show but i always dig that version to practice cause the two guitars stand out

#23936  by ebick

I always liked 2/14/70.

#23937  by BlobWeird

My fav is Closing of Winterland NYE 78. Fun solo. I tabbed it if you want it. Look in the Casey Jones forum
 #27451  by kenneybonz

man that is afun song to play!!!
got a little help from someone here on the boards and holy freak'n cow did it make a difference..
i've always wanted to play that fast last couple of minutes where they speed it up.. awesome
another candidate for best caseys:
alpine valley a terrapin reunion
again the two keyboards jimmy herrring doing the lead and of course bobby rockin
not to put down the GD, since they did the speeding up ending thing too.
it had just, been a while at terrapin reunion and it sticks out as one of the best.. esp'y the two keyboards

#27458  by strumminsix

Right on, Ed! Nailed it!

However this topic is near and dear to me right now.

The interplay between Bobby and Jerry is phenomenal!

But even more phenomenal is when they both get it right!

I've been searching and don't have a copy where:
- they are both sitting well in the mix
- they both play their parts well
- they interplay is well balanced and smooth

They always hit 2/3/

#27464  by senorlefty

There are a bunch of shows where this guy from the crowd would sing "woo hoo". Whenever I saw the dead play casey jones I wanted to do it.

Driving that train "woo hoo" high on cocaine "woo hoo."

It cracks me up everytime I hear it.

#27487  by GratefulFloyd

the casey jones off of Ladies and Gentlemen is awesome, far and away a standout

#27519  by warrenMFKNhaynes

GratefulFloyd wrote:the casey jones off of Ladies and Gentlemen is awesome, far and away a standout
I was gonna say that. thats my favorite
 #171349  by Gratefuldrifter65

The raw sound i like more,so many times its been played.Love em all and remember uncle jerry needed his cocopops,and kids ,cool cats dont need drugs :evil: :rasta: :shock: :P
 #171351  by FromWichita

Check out the Casey Jones they did on Saturday Night Live in 1978. I believe they shoehorn it in after "I Need a Miracle" and it's concise - I remember watching it on DVD of "The Best of SNL '78" and laughing at the power speed and fluidity of Jerry's little solo! Bobby's strangely wearing like old-timey golf pants.

"Law is the shadow of Justice" - from William Gaddis' A Frolic of His Own