When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #91446  by Mick

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Sweet !
MI Amigo !
:D
Hey you guys, stop that right now! This is supposed to be a divisive thread dammit!
 #147686  by Jon S.

DeadlyHeptet wrote: As Wayne Krantz (look him up) said, "Why would a grown man want to sound like someone else?"
With some hesitation and trepidation yet flush in the aftermath of the wonderful Fare Thee Well shows, I'd like to add this postscript to the thread. Although I'm sure all of the band members evolved their views over time and contributed to the ultimate decision to go with Trey, in the end, Bill's views on the appropriate guitarist to play Jerry's parts (notice I did NOT say fill Jerry's shoes - that was neither possible nor the intent) prevailed. And from what I've read at least on the leading up to the decisions on everyone's parts to play the 50th Anniv. shows, Bob led the reaching out/peacemaking efforts. I can't imagine a better outcome, 5 years later from when this thread began catankerously in reflection of the discord between the band members themselves. I find myself actually tearing up now typing this: it makes me proud.
 #147695  by Dwarf Rat

Seeing Kadlicek and the Golden Gate Wingmen was a revelation after Furthur. John is a masterful guitarist with plenty to say, killer tone, and a great band. Check out their tour this summer. You will not be disappointed.

I am reading Billy's Deal. It lets us know how he thinks and speaks.
 #147701  by Lephty

Jon S. wrote:
DeadlyHeptet wrote: As Wayne Krantz (look him up) said, "Why would a grown man want to sound like someone else?"
With some hesitation and trepidation yet flush in the aftermath of the wonderful Fare Thee Well shows, I'd like to add this postscript to the thread. Although I'm sure all of the band members evolved their views over time and contributed to the ultimate decision to go with Trey, in the end, Bill's views on the appropriate guitarist to play Jerry's parts (notice I did NOT say fill Jerry's shoes - that was neither possible nor the intent) prevailed. And from what I've read at least on the leading up to the decisions on everyone's parts to play the 50th Anniv. shows, Bob led the reaching out/peacemaking efforts. I can't imagine a better outcome, 5 years later from when this thread began catankerously in reflection of the discord between the band members themselves. I find myself actually tearing up now typing this: it makes me proud.
I was thinking the same--the GD50 shows may have started a badly-needed healing process between the fellas.
 #147726  by Smolder

brbadg wrote:And how's that? Furthur was a terrific band!
Agreed... Way more interesting than "The Dead" shows that I witnessed. I love Warren, but he never fit with that band.