If the dead were deceased
there would be no street peace,
we'd take all the power,
skin the cat and take a shower;
But if the dead live long
we'll be singing there songs,
and we'll all be so glad
momma' hated diesel so bad."

- a great little poem from this guy in the Grateful Dead Movie, just loved it so I transcribed it and thought I would share it.
 #30579  by willmusic

What happened to that guy? On that note, I also wonder what became of the disgruntled fan who wanted a residual cut for being filmed in for the movie...YOU OUT THERE, MAN?

#30585  by xero92

Yeah I know, I really wish I could know those guys. There is this awesome guy in overalls in the front row who is singing along to every song and dancing like a maniac, that guy could cheer me up in a second. Another great part:

"Say something intelligent"
"The bottom line of the whole scene is very simply stated: There is nothing like a grateful dead concert, period, never will be."

#30587  by Pigpen

Ive finnaly got the Dead Movie on my Mp3 player, it took a year but its done :o .

#30588  by bodiddley

I remember a few years back somebody said they read an article on the dude in the overalls and he was a car salesman somewhere in Cali.

#30593  by warrenMFKNhaynes

I remember when i wrote that poem haha the memories.

haha jk

#30604  by kevo

bodiddley wrote:I remember a few years back somebody said they read an article on the dude in the overalls and he was a car salesman somewhere in Cali.
I need to see this.

#30605  by xero92

ditto that kevo, that guy is sooo great!

#30705  by paulinnc

I read somewhere, maybe gearheads or the gratefuljams groups, that one of the members knows at least one of thos people, the overalls guy, the poem guy, the royalty guy and the there is nothing like a GD show. They are out there, somewhere. Sorry not much help but if you look on the Yahoo groups there might be some info on them.