When it doesn't fit anywhere else

#20970  by myoung6923
 Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:10 pm
I don't have all the midi stuff - I'm not into all that - fun though it may be - I just wouldn't realistically use it all that much. It would probably add another 1000 to the price of the guitar let alone then the price of the rack unit itself

#24785  by shakedown_04092
 Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:38 pm
Updated pics (there are other pics on page 1 of this thread)

Probably about 2 weeks from arriving at my door; it's been a little longer than expected, but well worth the wait. I won't lie: when I opened the email yesterday and saw the pics, my heart skipped a beat and I started getting butterflies in my stomach. I can't friggin' wait.

#24787  by BayAreaBB
 Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:12 pm
That is so true ... everytime I get an email from Tim/Pat, my heart skips a beat ... the anticipation of opening the email! I feel like a 5 year old again Christmas morning.

We'll, I'm probably 1-2 weeks away. My most recent pics show the guitar prior to the last sanding/buffing. Pat said they put 15-20 coats on the guitar. My BOLT is going to be an exact replica, including MIDI. I even found the black Schaller tailpiece in Europe and sent it to them. They are also going to fabricate a bridge resembling the last one outfitted on the original. If anyone wants more specifics, just ask. 1.5+ years in the making.

How do I attach/paste pics ?

#24796  by Seriesnuns
 Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:31 pm
Is it just me or does that guitar look like the guitars that Paul Languedoc builds.

http://www.languedocguitars.com/

His are pretty pricey though, last time I checked he still had some for sale, now nothing though. Maybe it's all to order now. :cool:

#24816  by shakedown_04092
 Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:18 pm
Seriesnuns - It is a Languedoc replica, yes, but as you noted, far easier on the wallet :cool: Not to mention the fact that Paul isn't spec building right now (which I can understand), and wasn't doing any guitars in Koa at the time, which, among a few other things (FX bypass & UGB), is one of the things I wanted w/ mine.

BayAreaBB - I created a free account at http://www.photobucket.com and then uploaded my pics to there. Once uploaded, each pic will have 4 options to it so you can post on blogs, forums, websites, emails, etc. To post on this site just click on the on that has the "IMG Code" and paste it here in a post.

AND PLEASE, DO IT SOON!!! Would love to see all the pics they sent you!

#24817  by shakedown_04092
 Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:19 pm
PS - BayAreaBB - what are you doing for the FX bypass? Y cable? Y-junction box? Just curious...

#24822  by BayAreaBB
 Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:49 pm
I will post the pics first thing in the morning. Regarding the fx loop, I bought a Y-box from Hard Truckers. I am having a stereo cable made out of gold belden #83393 w/ neutrik plugs, which is what I use for my whole rack.

#24902  by shakedown_04092
 Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:58 pm
Posting some pics for BayAreaBB of his BEAUTIFUL Bolt, courtesy of Resurrection Guitar Co.: :smile:

Last edited by shakedown_04092 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

#24911  by myoung6923
 Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:39 am
Yeah - you're probably looking for an extra 1000 to add the midi stuff >And that doesn't include the head unit itself nor a midi foot contrioller. Those will maybe run you another 1000. You could probably get them on ebay for less though.