When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #163622  by Mithrandir
 Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:37 pm
Some other thoughts gleaned from experimentation: I have a stratoblaster in a stomp box. I use it as Steve has described, at its lowest setting. I love what it does to the lipsticks. Definitely noticeable when it's gone. I've read that steve says a lot of the magic happens in that guitar due to the microphonic nature of the pickups and the wide space between his high gauge strings and the lipstick cover. My lipsticks sound way better when they are closer to the strings than Steve's description lead me to conclude. Still not that close. I like to drop them and raise them until I start to get more dynamics. I stop then. Also, I have noticed that they work best with ohm mismatch (duh) like Steve says. I run a 8ohm e120 with a stock SD bandmaster and it definitely makes a difference. HOWEVER, I actually like how they respond better to my old showman head (bf 1965), left channel, stock, bright on, with a neunaber digital delay set on "wet".
 #163705  by Mithrandir
 Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:31 am
How would you add a master tone? Guessing you’d run a capacitor in middle lug with the other end grounded. Lead from outermost lug running to outermost lug on same side as bridge + neck pot?