When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #161803  by tcsned
 Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:02 am
I wanted to ask the hive-mind here to help with a solution to this:

I’ve got 3 cool preamps (SMS CTP, Mesa V-Twin, Marshall JMP-1), I'd to find a way to be able to use my Mac2100 and speaker cab for all thre and to be able to switch between them without having to unplug a bunch of crap.

Any thoughts?
 #161804  by tcsned
 Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:20 am
It would seem that it would need something on both ends of the preamps - something to control the input into the various preamps and something to send the proper preamp into the power amp.
 #161807  by waldo041
 Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:29 pm
:cool: :cool: :D :lol: :lol: 8)

on a serious note though. The Clean and Scream Channels are 2 separate preamps sharing the same input. They are opto switched for the cathode follower output. I suspect something of this nature is what you are after! The Mean channel is an extension or insertion into the clean channel, not really the same thing there but it also is part of that switched output to a single power section. Your inputs should be shared, the outputs need to be switched. A GCX Audio Switcher might be able to do that.

~waldo
tcsned liked this
 #161808  by strumminsix
 Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:58 am
tcsned wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:02 am
I wanted to ask the hive-mind here to help with a solution to this:

I’ve got 3 cool preamps (SMS CTP, Mesa V-Twin, Marshall JMP-1), I'd to find a way to be able to use my Mac2100 and speaker cab for all thre and to be able to switch between them without having to unplug a bunch of crap.

Any thoughts?
GCX should do it just fine...
waldo041 liked this