When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #161696  by Gypsykid136
 Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:45 pm
Does anyone have an original manual to a MXR 2000 Series Distortion+ that they would be willing to scan and email me? I’m interested in what it has to say about the interface pins, and it would just be nice to have with the pedal. I know that combining the outputs gets a good Jerry tone, but I’d be interested in what else they can do.
 #163418  by MikeMcA
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:26 am
I found this on reverb.com. Unfortunately it appears to be only the first page of several (note staple in upper left) and doesn't contain any info on settings or the output jacks.

https://imgur.com/a/JfO5Vso

I like this pedal a lot. Its a good sounding OD (nothing like the script D+) and I see why Jerry favored it.

The difficulty is that at the nice low-gain settings there's a volume drop when the pedal is engaged, even with the level maxed. I'm tempted to put it in a loop with an EQ after it for a little volume bump and maybe a tiny bit of treble but as far as I know that is definitely not how Jerry ran it.

Any one actively using this and care to share tips or settings?

Thanks!
 #163420  by waldo041
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:21 am
MikeMcA wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:26 am
I found this on reverb.com. Unfortunately it appears to be only the first page of several (note staple in upper left) and doesn't contain any info on settings or the output jacks.

https://imgur.com/a/JfO5Vso

I like this pedal a lot. Its a good sounding OD (nothing like the script D+) and I see why Jerry favored it.

The difficulty is that at the nice low-gain settings there's a volume drop when the pedal is engaged, even with the level maxed. I'm tempted to put it in a loop with an EQ after it for a little volume bump and maybe a tiny bit of treble but as far as I know that is definitely not how Jerry ran it.

Any one actively using this and care to share tips or settings?

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing. That single page opened up another avenue of research concerning this pedal. Like the pedal will accept higher voltages! Need to find out the voltage of those 2 adapters because he most likely used one.

I jumper the output 1 and 2 pins together and use a single 9 volt DC voltage source.(battery or Mini Jack).

~waldo
MattMan liked this
 #163436  by waldo041
 Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:15 am
MikeMcA wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:04 pm
For anyone playing along at home here is a gutshot with the pins labelled. The two output pins are the 3rd and 4th from the right.

https://imgur.com/a/0ewQlZT
have you tried it?

I think that output 2 should be used as far as which jack to use when you combine the 2.

~waldo
 #163455  by MikeMcA
 Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Finally dug up a jumper and gave this a shot. I'll need to spend more time experimenting but my initial impression is that it's louder when jumpered, which is excellent. Out 1 and Out 2 sound the same to me.

I wish I'd had the presence of mind to record myself before I put the jumper on. I didn't hear a significant difference in tone beyond the volume increase but I'll need to A/B a few times to see what I'm missing.

For my quick test I used 10/5/84 as a reference. With the level around 3 o'clock and gain around 11 I got reasonably close to what I hear in The Other One and Black Peter from that show.

Thanks a lot for the jumper tip. Here's hoping the rest of the manual shows up one day.
 #163457  by waldo041
 Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:13 pm
He used that pedal. Most, if not all, have the same results without the Jumper. It is unusable without it.

~waldo
MikeMcA liked this