When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #158921  by mgbills

Hey! Happy Saturday.
Get out and see The Garcia Project if they're within your caravan radius.

Last night my wife & I say Tapestry (Mik), Rusty the Scoob (Dan) & their band put on a Smokin' show. Excellent musicianship, great vocals and a for us a great small venue. Very boogy-able and fun. First set Mik played his Travis Bean. 2nd set he played his ScarletFire Tiger.

My wife went to high school with Mik, but hadn't seem him in 25 years. I took the opportunity to shake hands and slap backs. The band was very accommodating. After the show Mik brought his Scarlet Fire Tiger down front so I finally was able to see Leo's great work up close.

So here is my recommendation...put down your novel, tater chips, PBR. Turn off Antiques Roadshow and head on over to your local theatre & have some fun with these fabulous musicians. They're now touring full time, so hopefully lots of us will get the opportunity.

And if you GP guys see this...thank you...for a real good time!
 #158948  by Pete B.

Hey Marty, 'Saw them here last Thursday night. Good show! That is cool that you guys know those guys :)
I wish I had known they were RuKind members!
 #158974  by mgbills

We wanted to come to town on Thursday as well, but...the beer has got to flow dammit.
 #159018  by Rusty the Scoob

So cool to finally meet you, Marty! I could have hung out there all night if we hadn't had to get moving after the show. Met Kahn's last manager and really wanted to hear more stories, how cool is that?

Sorry we didn't meet up, Pete! That was a fun show too, had a little more time afterward to hang out, the house Hammond rig really helped the load-out. Fun to do those different shows, late 77 in Eugene (or was it 76 that rocked a little harder than the original due to all the Prankster energy?) and early 80's in Portland, I think.