When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #153169  by flyingheelhook
 Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:01 pm
Heading out to the Outer Banks for a week sunday morning. Anyone in that area want to get together and jam, give me a holler via pm or post here. Right now thinking I will just be bringing my acoustic but open to electric if there is an opportunity...
 #153174  by flyingheelhook
 Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:20 am
paulinnc wrote:I just got back from the outer banks today. Caught a whole bunch of fish.
Hmmm, what were you catching and where?

I was debating taking my gear but I was WAY TOO serious about surf fishing for years and either I need to pare it down to one or two rods and some sand spikes or forget about it all together. I am talking running four large bait rods, sand spikes attached to iron fence posts, and two small rods for catching bait. It's a lot of fun but the older I get, the less I like the amount of work I put into it. Maybe I will just take the bait rods... we have to drive my in-laws down so room in the car is at a premium but I guess there is always the roof.

Anyhow, sorry for the ramble, let me know how you did and post some pics! :lol:
 #153181  by paulinnc
 Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:48 pm
I was on a charter boat out of Nag's Head with 5 other people. We caught about 35 Mahi and 3 Yellow fin Tuna.
flyingheelhook wrote:
paulinnc wrote:I just got back from the outer banks today. Caught a whole bunch of fish.
Hmmm, what were you catching and where?

I was debating taking my gear but I was WAY TOO serious about surf fishing for years and either I need to pare it down to one or two rods and some sand spikes or forget about it all together. I am talking running four large bait rods, sand spikes attached to iron fence posts, and two small rods for catching bait. It's a lot of fun but the older I get, the less I like the amount of work I put into it. Maybe I will just take the bait rods... we have to drive my in-laws down so room in the car is at a premium but I guess there is always the roof.

Anyhow, sorry for the ramble, let me know how you did and post some pics! :lol: