When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #152148  by elroy2288
 Sun May 15, 2016 1:08 pm
I hope some of you got to see the Dead night at the movies last week on 5/11. They played the Foxboro show from 1989. I was at the show, though forgot how great it was, as it was overshadowed in my memory by Giants 7/10/89. It reminded me how great the shows were that year. I also saw very hot ones in Pittsburgh (Shakedown), the final Greeks, Brendan Byrne and New Years. I missed the Warlocks sadly. Anyway, it was really fun to see the footage with lots of extreme close-ups of guitars and gear. A lot of concert videos bounce around way too much for my liking, but this was really tight. The boys were also just super happy and having a lot of fun. The connection between Jer and Brent was extremely poignant. If you get a chance, check out the couple of "first looks" still on youtube or below. Someone took a video of the Fantasy (a video of a video), and that was one of the highlights that is worth seeing, too. Cheers, Andy :smile:

#152149  by Searing75
 Sun May 15, 2016 2:04 pm
Good fun there on Fantasy. The ending is hilarious! Bobby signals them to end on the off beat, and he falsettos something in the mic. Tons of emotion trough out though!
 #152150  by AlabamaDidn'tGetAway
 Sun May 15, 2016 3:14 pm
Thought is was a good show overall. Bobbys guitar seemed a bit higher in the mix than usual and it was easier for me to hear what he was doing. Bret played and sang his ass off. I esp enjoyed We Can Run.
 #152151  by TI4-1009
 Sun May 15, 2016 4:11 pm
We caught the HOT Tedeschi-Trucks Band on Tuesday evening, so us old folks couldn't do two nights in a row. :| Glad you kids had fun.
 #152157  by lunasparks
 Sun May 15, 2016 5:31 pm
I missed it for the first time this year. Daughter had a school concert...priorities. Fantasy-Hey Jude has some great moments!
 #152172  by tcsned
 Mon May 16, 2016 6:24 am
I went to see it with my wife who was too young to catch a show. We had a blast! I love those '89 shows. I didn't make it to this one but saw a bunch that year. The Warlocks shows were my favorites but probably the last solid year of shows for me. It brought back great memories and was cool to hear it through a nice sound system :cool: :cool: :cool:
 #152188  by pablomago
 Wed May 18, 2016 9:35 pm
My drummer and I went. It was like stepping into Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine. We had a great time and met some cool people.