When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #150693  by tcsned
 Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:49 am
It's been a brutal start to 2016 for musicians - Lemmy, Bowie, Glenn Frey, now Paul Kantner. We opened for Starship in 2006 and I had the pleasure of hanging out with Paul for a couple of hours. He couldn't have been more gracious, let me play his Rick 12 string, and gave me some great parenting advice. My now ex-wife called from home while I was talking to him and from our conversation he gleaned that we were about to become parents for the first time. After I hung up, he said, "you about to have your first kid?" He handed me a joint and said, "being a parent gives you the absolute right to be a hypocrite." Then told me how he and Grace went all "Nancy Reagan" on China over weed when she was a teenager. It was a memorable day and we have always played a bunch of Airplane tunes over the years. This was one of my favorite, though not an Airplane tune but from Baron Von Tollbooth and the Chrome Nun with some great Jerry guitar work:

Fare the well, Paul.
:cry:
 #150701  by gr8fullfred
 Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:53 am
Many of the Boomer musicians are nearing the end of the trail, as are the Boomers, of which I am one!

How long till we lose Kieth Richards?