When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #148980  by tcsned

My buddy, Scott Fore won his second National Flatpicking championship yesterday. He beat out 3 time winner Steve Kaufman. We played in a gypsy jazz group together for a few years and he's opened/sat-in with my Dead band a number of times. He's a badass electric country picker too. I don't know what tune he played or what guitar he won yet.

Here's a couple of videos of Scott in action:
This is the tune he played when he won in 2002 and the guitar he won:
 #148982  by Lephty

Very nice stuff...love me some good flatpickin'. My friend Tyler Grant won in Winfield a few years ago. Pretty sure this is one of the pieces he played when he won it
 #148985  by tcsned

Scott is a super nice guy and deserves the recognition. He's also a great repair guy. My Wolf had a buzz coming from the saddle of the high E string. He fixed it and charged me having to play a couple of tunes and showing me a couple of cool double and triple string bend techniques. Oh, and he made me try out a really nice Klon Centaur clone made by Bourgeois' repair guy.
 #148997  by Arafel

Lephty wrote:Very nice stuff...love me some good flatpickin'. My friend Tyler Grant won in Winfield a few years ago.
I love Tyler. Met him a few times at RockyGrass. He's a great player.
 #149000  by Lephty

Arafel wrote:
Lephty wrote:Very nice stuff...love me some good flatpickin'. My friend Tyler Grant won in Winfield a few years ago.
I love Tyler. Met him a few times at RockyGrass. He's a great player.
Yep, great guy, great teacher too. I heard he was in the top 5 at Winfield again this year too.