When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #148148  by jeffm725a

Its a big problem with House sound systems and house provided soundmen.

Everything (as strummin mentioned) is mixed Bass heavy for sub-systems.

The thing is that it is opposite of what you want for GD style mix which is full range, mid heavy and separated.

I have had FOH guys at certain rooms TURN OFF the whole sub system. They dont like to be told that. The real low bottom rumble eats up all note definition and makes it real hard to have any meaningful interplay.
 #148154  by strumminsix

jeffm725a wrote:Its a big problem with House sound systems and house provided soundmen.

Everything (as strummin mentioned) is mixed Bass heavy for sub-systems.

The thing is that it is opposite of what you want for GD style mix which is full range, mid heavy and separated.

I have had FOH guys at certain rooms TURN OFF the whole sub system. They dont like to be told that. The real low bottom rumble eats up all note definition and makes it real hard to have any meaningful interplay.
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how many times we've had soundguys who brag how experienced they are, but reality is they are, they started in the 80s and went from hair bands to rock bands to hard rock bands to metal.... and it's the battle.

I love your description, "mid heavy and separated". I asked a soundguy who has been around but no GD experience how much bass and kick he'd drive thru his subs for the Allman Bros or the Beatles? He said, "barely enough to make it worthwhile to turn them on"... I said "exactly! that's how much we need"
 #148174  by mgbills

SlowTex...

That video converted me. Now...I'm only into modern music. And I just finished loosening my license plate bolts.

If I'm completely honest...I felt that video had a target audience which is on a different planet than my current tribe.