When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #147011  by tcsned

I've had an old MC2100 that has been out of service for 2-3 years. I didn't think I was ever going to get it up and running again. It is old, rusty, and went out in the middle of a gig with a burning, electric smell. I just went through a move and almost tossed it as I was sick and tired of carrying shit. There's a guy here in Blacksburg who fixed my Mesa Boogie V-Twin preamp last year who mentioned that he used to own a 2100 and that he couldn't guarantee anything but would be happy to look at it. He had never tried to fix a Mac before. I gave it to him without expectations and he delivered big time. He gave it a good going over retensioned sockets, replaced a few components, switched the effed up RCA inputs for 1/4" jacks, fixed a bad pot, etc. I can't believe I got it fixed here in town for just over $100. I only paid about $300 for it when I got it and ran it for a year and a half before it went down. It's rusty, ugly, has mismatched PCBs, but it is a beast. He measured it sustained at 144w per channel with no clipping and briefly over 200w per channel with no clipping. My nice Mac is going to be retired from travel and will ether run a home rig or used for stereo system. If anyone is in the area and wants to look Sam up, PM me I can put you in touch with him.

#147013  by tcsned

milobender wrote:Exellent! You gotta love it when things come together :smile: :smile: :smile:
Indeed, I thought that amp was destined to become a boat anchor. :cool: :cool: :cool:
 #147017  by mgbills

Wow...
I think I'll start a new Thread. Stay tuned.